Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC > Wanted

Old 10-03-2016

Default Cougar 2 bits

Im after a few Cougar 2 bits, to finish off a project I wish I had never started!

I'm looking for a works or fibrelyte front tower, in good or new condition.

Front and rear wishbones in good or new condition.

Front lower suspension plate (the bit that everything bolts to) in good or new condition.

Slipper assembly or just the slipper layshaft, I can get hold of a universal slipper assembly to go on it its the layshaft I'm struggling to find.

Ballraced steering levers, even better if they come as a complete assembly with bearings.

I do have some bits to swap, I've got some new in bag cougar and cougar 2 bits, and I have pretty much a complete cougar 1 project but it's rough and needs plenty of work and a few bits. I also have a rapidly depleting amount of cash!

Many thanks!
Old 10-03-2016

Front wishbones will drive you nuts to find rears aren't to bad there's a few on eBay at the moment.

Ball raced steering can be a trick the steering levers are the same as the standard items just need the washers bearings spacers and screws or you could search for part number u2391 it's the ball raced steering from the xtr which is the same thing

Contact fathead on here he can CNC cut you a brand new set of works front and rear towers in carbon taken from a set I gave him as a template.

Front bulkhead part number u322 is pretty easy to get hold of still try eBay first if you have no luck let me know and I'll see what I've got lying around spare

Also might have a spare layshaft that I had machined up just need to make sure I've got enough for my own projects first lol

Adrian
Old 10-03-2016

Hi Adrian many thanks, I'll see what comes up slipper/layshaft wise but may well take you up on that!
Old 10-03-2016
Awesome Admin

Yeah I found out recently that the layshaft is the same as the Bosscat U1214N slipper shaft which are really hard to come by.
Old 10-03-2016

U322 lower front suspension plate is still available direct from Schumacher, and I believe Fibrelyte still have the shock towers.
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 18-03-2016

Ok so I've managed to find a few bits.

New list in order of importance is:

Slipper/shaft. A full slipper would be great but just the shaft will do, someone must have one of these kicking around!

Front wishbones, I only have cougar 1 style. I desperately need cougar 2.

Rear wishbones. Either works style or standard cougar 2. I can get the med wheelbase ones but I'm after the standard long wheelbase.

In an ideal world ballraced steering/roller driveshafts..... These are a total luxury so nowhere near desperate for them. The layshaft is my no1 problem as that's what's holding the build up now, without the layshaft I can't assemble the box which means the whole back of the car is unbuildable.

Any help gratefully received!