Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 11-08-2014

How long ago did you but from HK? I've bought stuff before, helicopter kits etc with no problems. Saved a small fortune too which is always nice
Old 11-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
It should be noted that telemetry is not only not required, but not allowed in 1/10 off road.
No idea if it's ever been checked for though.
Just pulled this from the brca website

(24) TELEMETRY

(24a) It is not allowed to use any electronic parts for "Traction Control & Breaking Control (ABS)" which can control the power of the transmission by means of a feedback system.

(24b) It is not allowed to use any form of telemetry with active transmission. Sensors are only allowed for the purpose of passive data recording and not for adjusting the performance of the car whilst in motion. The reading of the data must be done with equipment, inside or mounted on the driver's radio. No external devices (i.e. in the pit/handheld by the mechanics) are allowed. The systems are not allowed to log the data.

It doesn't state that the radios with telemetry capabilities can't be used, just so long as you are not using any active transmission during events/races, is this correct?
Old 11-08-2014
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

That's correct.
I don't have telemetry in any of my buggy's, but I do on my quad and it does log the data. Obviously this is a different system...
I can't imagine any company making a telemetry system that is illegal, so don't let that put you off - that absima system looks great value, but for me it's all about feel.
Old 12-08-2014

the abisma is a flysky its4
http://www.banggood.com/FlySky-IT4-2...-p-908899.html

about 10 days from RC Mart

E REVO
BAJA,SS TS REED
All The Gear,and No Idea!!
4PKS,4PL
PILLOW CASE CREW
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29834
Old 12-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
That's correct.
I don't have telemetry in any of my buggy's, but I do on my quad and it does log the data. Obviously this is a different system...
I can't imagine any company making a telemetry system that is illegal, so don't let that put you off - that absima system looks great value, but for me it's all about feel.
But when setting up ur car it hands u data u can use to get you ready for your race day , like if you put in a new motor and want to keep eye on temp instead of stopping every 2 min to check with temp prob , that would give you a better idea of real temp over 5-10 min racing as when you stop its cooling plus also on some buggies you have to take the shell off to get to motors

And also it's feels fine can adjust to your hand and adjust spring tension the manual in in the handset so unsure of what something does you can read up with out going bk to pits for the book
Old 12-08-2014
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcboy1983 View Post
But when setting up ur car it hands u data u can use to get you ready for your race day , like if you put in a new motor and want to keep eye on temp instead of stopping every 2 min to check with temp prob , that would give you a better idea of real temp over 5-10 min racing as when you stop its cooling plus also on some buggies you have to take the shell off to get to motors
That's presumably speaking from TC experience? I don't even own a temp probe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcboy1983 View Post
And also it's feels fine can adjust to your hand and adjust spring tension the manual in in the handset so unsure of what something does you can read up with out going bk to pits for the book
I have no idea what that means. What I can translate seems to bear no significance to telemetry?
Old 13-08-2014

I have no idea what that means. What I can translate seems to bear no significance to telemetry?[/QUOTE]

You said its all about the feel
Old 13-08-2014

Think col was on about how the absima is great value, but it's all about feel when he chooses a tx. I agree that telemetry is a good thing when your setting up/comparing new motors etc. I take it if I wanted to passively record data during a race (which is legal) I'd need other equipment as I haven't seen any receivers with integrated memory? Is that what your referring to as a different system col?