Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
Hi John,if we booked in for the first round,does that put us in for every round?
thanks
No, but it means I have your details :-) You want in on every round?
Old 07-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes j. View Post
Just use the Microwave to control the car instead of the TX .
If only were that easy lol.

Can't think of a way of avoiding it really, as thats the frequency my 2.4 is on and thats that. Without buying a new module. May have to try 40mhz if it does it again.
Old 07-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotussmart View Post
No, but it means I have your details :-) You want in on every round?
iv sent you an email

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post

Can't think of a way of avoiding it really, as thats the frequency my 2.4 is on and thats that. Without buying a new module. May have to try 40mhz if it does it again.
Could you try fitting a power cap ( i think that's what they're called ) to the Receiver.

Jolly Goodz.
WBMCC.
Team Autocare and Cycles.
Old 08-12-2010

Quote:

I know it's of no use when you're half-way through a heat, but have you tried reinitialising the link when it happens?

Both Futaba FASST and Spektrum DSM systems use spread spectrum technology, although arguably the Spektrum system has a less forgiving frequency selection algorithm. aNeither is completely immune from interference but with both, they *should* find their respective number of free channels required if you re-initialise the link whilst the interference is present. With Spektrum, I believe you need to leave the transmitter on for a little bit before powering up the receiver - I can't remember how long, but it gives the radio time to find two free channels.

Incidentally, two other sources of 2.4GHz interference would be FPV downlinks and cheap chinese radios that come with those $20 helicopters and stuff. I think these are more damaging to both systems than microwaves.
Old 09-12-2010

To be fair, (he says not wishing to upset anyone, but instead intending to point out some facts & idea's) a bit of radio glitch on 2.4 at Ardent is probably to be expected, but then the same can be said about 27/40 as well.. racing in the Summer series some people complained then about radio glitch, however when you had 80 or so people booked in running RC cars (with probably 60 of those on 2.4), laptops all over the pit area streaming F1 coverage over the club wi-fi (again 2.4) which was working overtime, along with live timing being streamed from race-control over the wi-fi system there isn't much space left in the 2.4 band for radio's to cling onto.

Also remember of course there is a great whacking radio transmitter tower on the roof of the building for the farmer's 2 metre radio's & a huge international airport a couple of miles down the road sending out radar & what-not to track incoming planes, not to mention the microwave pinging out Sausage roll's & ready-meal curry all day when it's brass monkey's on a cold day, plus if the CCTV/security installed in the building is running wireless this is more 2.4 band being used up. Not forgetting of course there probably are a fair few people in the pit area with PSU's & chargers constantly working on full chat, not to mention extension leads & mains cables coiled up all over the place creating induction loops.. that is a lot of radio waves & electrical radiation being bounced around the site.

I guess this is just one of the things we have to live with.
Old 09-12-2010

well ive sussed the issue with my radio, its cos the esc didnt have a power cap. I now have a huge one so happy days!!

Basically every now and again under certain full lock full acceleration circumstances the rx would just dip below the threshold and have to re bind itself. I managed to re create it on the bench. New esc with monster power cap (original was borrowed) and all gravy baby!
Old 12-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Right, I know the meeting I did today wasn't the durango series, but I raced in the same place with the same radio. I was running a different car (F1) with a different receiver, different speedo (with power cap), different motor, different sensor cable, different servo and different battery. Still having the same problem. I re-bound the 2.4, tried different sensor cables and nothing can get rid of it.

I'm going to go again with the same gear in my buggy to the next durango round next week, but this time I'm taking a different radio set. Hopefully this will stop it and prove that its my 2.4 module. Can't think of anything else it could be now.
Old 12-12-2010

Quote:
Right, I know the meeting I did today wasn't the durango series, but I raced in the same place with the same radio. I was running a different car (F1) with a different receiver, different speedo (with power cap), different motor, different sensor cable, different servo and different battery. Still having the same problem. I re-bound the 2.4, tried different sensor cables and nothing can get rid of it.

I'm going to go again with the same gear in my buggy to the next durango round next week, but this time I'm taking a different radio set. Hopefully this will stop it and prove that its my 2.4 module. Can't think of anything else it could be now.
You must have the paitence of a saint. If i were in your shoes i think i would have chucked everything in the bin by now .

Jolly Goodz.
WBMCC.
Team Autocare and Cycles.
Old 12-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'm getting close, beleive me.
Old 13-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Tel, are you using Spektrum stuff?

If so I have spare Rx's and a 3VC with Spektrum module in your more than welcome to try at the Durango meeting to see if you can route cause the issue.
Old 13-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yeah, using futaba 3vcs with spectrum module.

Its got to be that, as its the only common thing other than the tranny itself. I wondered if a pot had gone, but was told that they get 'grainy' when they go, and mine is still as smooth as anything.
Old 14-12-2010

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

Will the track be open for practice this Saturday before the winter series? If so what time?

Ta

Si
Old 14-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Tel,

pop over and try my module then, never had a problem at Ardent even though there is a little damage to the ariel (have a new one I could fit if you got nervious).

I have just moved to a KO as my stumpy little thumbs were complaining about the Futabas chunkiness.
Old 14-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
Will the track be open for practice this Saturday before the winter series? If so what time?

Ta

Si
Simon I beleive it will be open from Lunchtime Saturday. Ill be there roughly that time anyway!!
Old 14-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post

Ta

Si
Yep it will be open from 13:00 until 22:00 on Saturday for practice. £10 for the entire day.

John.
Old 14-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
Tel,

pop over and try my module then, never had a problem at Ardent even though there is a little damage to the ariel (have a new one I could fit if you got nervious).

I have just moved to a KO as my stumpy little thumbs were complaining about the Futabas chunkiness.
If I don't come and find you, come and find me, as I do have a crap memory, and may forget. lol

Thanks for the offer matey.
Old 17-12-2010

Leader Board just been published on the site.

Spaces are available for this weekend so come and join the fun. Practice from 13:00 on Saturday until 22:00.

On Sunday doors open 07:30, racing starts around 09:00 - 09:30, so book in closes at 08:45 so we can start the racing :-)

http://www.ardentracing.com/teamdura...es/results.php
Old 17-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi John,

Have you got me down for both classes on Sunday now, David Gibson? Website only shows me in 4wd?
Old 18-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Can you guys who are close / travelled there already keep us up to date on the state of the roads please .... had issues getting into work this morning and it's made me a little unsure of travelling over!

Cheers