Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

Old 13-05-2013
Stu-Perstar

Default Stoke Booking in F grade

I have been looking at the list and alot of the guys that are booked in have put the incorrect F grading down.
Please check your grading and please tell the guys at Stoke because I will be checking again before the day.
Old 13-05-2013

Will the heats be arranged based on championship position before F grading?
Old 13-05-2013
Stu-Perstar

yes it will but there is a few drivers out there that think they are better than they are. Saying that they are F3 for example.
Old 13-05-2013

Haha get thm told woody name and shame haha
Old 14-05-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkygrump81 View Post
Haha get thm told woody name and shame haha

Itl be that Dan Murphy I bet again
Old 14-05-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
yes it will but there is a few drivers out there that think they are better than they are. Saying that they are F3 for example.
Am i not F1 anymore ?
Old 14-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmurphy View Post
Will the heats be arranged based on championship position before F grading?
Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
What if you missed round 1 Stu? I couldn't make it to Barrow due to work - so am I going to be at the back for all the other events now until rounds start to be dropped?!
Old 14-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazhillAE View Post

Itl be that Dan Murphy I bet again
Told you, I'm F4.5 honest!
Old 14-05-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Kirkman View Post
What if you missed round 1 Stu? I couldn't make it to Barrow due to work - so am I going to be at the back for all the other events now until rounds start to be dropped?!
You should be in top heat for f2
Old 14-05-2013

Default Why does it matter?

I think Woody needs to give some clarification on this because if it was F-grade for the first, then championship positions thereafter, it shouldn't matter what F-grades people offer should it?
Old 14-05-2013
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy110m View Post
I think Woody needs to give some clarification on this because if it was F-grade for the first, then championship positions thereafter, it shouldn't matter what F-grades people offer should it?
Of course it matters. What happens if they didnt do round 1? Do I put an F2 in heat 1? Dont think so.
Old 14-05-2013

I thought the point was to incentivise people to support the entire series.

If not whats the point, just keep it based on F grade all the way through.

Hypothetically just so we understand the thinking then, and this is just for discussion, what would happen if an F5 attended the first meeting, was put in heat 1, it was a full meeting and the F5 won it. All the same drivers booking into the next round, where would the F5, now the championship leader be placed in round two?

Be interesting to get peoples views.
Old 14-05-2013
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

The F5 should be in the top heat - hypothetically speaking.
Old 15-05-2013
Mad Member

Default Regional

Think this is being blown out of proprtion again - let woody do the sorting or the club in question.

On sunday the track will be hard enough - never mind trying to beat you fellow F2, F1 etc.

Isn't it true that in qualifying you are racing the clock not each other so as long as you make people aware that you are coming then they will let the faster car go - however the weather may also make things a little difficult to seed as I had a crap round 1 cos of the weather but am an F2 so should I go in heat 1 - not bothered really as most of the quick southport guys were in the lower heats in the nationals but still did very well as it was the clock not each other.

Dont worry about the politics just remember why we do it - TO HAVE FUN

J
Old 15-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie B4 View Post
Think this is being blown out of proprtion again - let woody do the sorting or the club in question.

On sunday the track will be hard enough - never mind trying to beat you fellow F2, F1 etc.

Isn't it true that in qualifying you are racing the clock not each other so as long as you make people aware that you are coming then they will let the faster car go - however the weather may also make things a little difficult to seed as I had a crap round 1 cos of the weather but am an F2 so should I go in heat 1 - not bothered really as most of the quick southport guys were in the lower heats in the nationals but still did very well as it was the clock not each other.

Dont worry about the politics just remember why we do it - TO HAVE FUN

J
Good post.

I would say the fast F5 driver goes in the top heat if he has proven the form in previous rounds. Whether such a big move gets made after just one round I don't know. Ash is the one to watch with this regard... he's one of the regions fastest drivers but only F5... he ran TQ pace at the F3/4/5s, C-finalled the Southport Nat and was on A-final pace at Barrow - all from bottom heats.
Old 15-05-2013

Agreed Dan Ash is a prime example. The F grading submitted allows for heats to be roughly created before tweaking is done by the hosting club/regional rep to reward lower graded drivers who have recently achieved well above their BRCA grading to be placed in higher heats.

As Jamie said though on a fairly unknown quantity of a track as is Stoke a slower steadier heat may not be too much of a disadvantage as you are less likely to be pressured into mistakes by cars coming up fast behind you.

Chris
Old 15-05-2013
Mad Member

Default Regional

Thanks chaps I also agree an F grading comes from what you have done during the year or year before - Ash is an exception as we all know how good he is as he demonstrates this every week. However even Ash might struggle a little on a track that he does not know and on weather that may be unkind to him - just have to wait and see. But he still deserves to be in a good heat as he is well aware who is around him and quick.

With regards to his results i think everyone from southport took full advantage of knowing the track and did very well - Chris,Joel,Reece,Si etc

Totally agree with Chris/Dan and he will probably be very quick around Bury

I can only see two reasons why a A final driver is in heat 1

* The club doesn't know them
* Penalised for booking in late etc

As it does not help either party novice having to pull over every minute or being taken out by mistake due to being too quick for the heat

Sure Woody knows who will be quick and where they deserve to be put - anything other can be sorted on the day

Dont worry!!
Old 15-05-2013
Mad Member

A point that needs making is that you can't compare the national to regionals. Nationals have a referee pn the rostrum watching everything and making sure everyone moves out of the way and watches out for dirty driving. Whereas at the regional it's pretty much Everyman for himself so it does matter. And not everybody does move
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 15-05-2013
Mad Member

Default Regional

Sorry Gavin I thought the refs, tracks etc was up to the club and numbers cos in the midwest they do have ref's etc (all volunteers)

Totally agree that there is no scrutineering etc like a national but there should be certain standards as it will just be a free for all and like you said you cant compare to a national but then we can't compare to a club race either?

so needs to be somekind of middle ground and some drivers like stated might think that they should be in the top heat but me for sure knew that i was in the wrong 4WD heat in barrow cos I could never keep up with woody and Gaz in the drive never mind the wet.

So with regionals think you just need to get on with it and enjoy the banter with your mates etc. Then when you think you are above this do nationals.
Old 15-05-2013
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
A point that needs making is that you can't compare the national to regionals. Nationals have a referee pn the rostrum watching everything and making sure everyone moves out of the way and watches out for dirty driving. Whereas at the regional it's pretty much Everyman for himself so it does matter. And not everybody does move
Sorry Gav you clearly dont listen at drivers briefing.
In the North West the Marshels are the refs and there is 10 of them.
If a driver feels that the mashel has not done a good job then its up to the driver to report them after the race.