Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 14-06-2013

Default Team Xtreme - Issues resolved.

I really didn't want to be putting this up on here but circumstances have forced me into taking action and posting my thoughts on the shabby, lying, service I have received from Xtreme.
I placed an order for an RB6 Vega kit 2 weeks ago and then on the next Monday morning received a call asking if I wanted to wait until the end of the week for a new gearbox update which was being worked upon as we spoke. So I obviously said yes, no point in buying an older version of a car unless it's at a discount. At this point I was told end of the week (June 7th) for delivery was very probable.

I heard no more, despite emailing, until I called on Monday evening 10th, and was told dispatch tomorrow. Checked with them late Tuesday as nothing arrived and no dispatch notice appeared, aaah yes, sorry a bit of a delay we are packing them now and it will go first thing Wednesday morning by Special Delivery. So guess what, Thursday - nothing, nadda, zipp. I called again and got some excuse about anodizing, very sorry, delayed, blah, blah on the job packing at this minute you will most definitely have your order tomorrow by Special Delivery. Lo and behold a dispatch email arrives twenty minutes later, fine I'll have the kit and a late build for Saturdays regional.
No tracking numbers as promised though? Should I be worried? No not this time, they won't lie again will they?

Hmmm looks like I should have worried at no tracking number.

Today what happens? Nowt, nadda, zipp, nothing - oh except the bodyshells that Gingapaint had promised and worked late into the early hours - Chris emailed at 12.15am! to say he was just final coating them to get turned around and out the door next day - top class service above and beyond in my book.

Team Xtreme? Can't get a response to either email address, telephone or Facebook page. Where is my order? Why do you lie to customers? If there is a genuine delay tell the truth. I'd far rather that than taking time off work to wait for an order that has not been sent.

Oh and in case you think this is just me ranting - which it is to some degree - Dobber on here has also had the same promises made to him for an RB6 Vega kit and guess what? Nothing, nadda, Zipp...

So come on Xtreme let's hear your side of this saga...
Old 14-06-2013
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Unfortunately this seems to be a recurring problem. I get its a small company etc etc but these excuses are becoming a little old and tired! Ive seen this kind of thread before and its becoming all the more frequent!

Really do feel for you mate, team extreme products are fantastic! Great quality and always look the business! However i would never recommend them to anyone because of the issues you, and many others in the past have highlighted!

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 14-06-2013

I wish I'd known sooner what they would be like to deal with. It's like TTech revisited

They do keep taking the time to remove my posts from their Facebook page but can't be bothered to contact me and explain where the goods are that I paid for 2 weeks ago plus they have promised me since Monday that they will arrive the next day by Special Delivery. Excellent business model they have there, ignore paying customers, lie to them, sounds like a recipe for success does that...
Old 14-06-2013
SHRCCC Legend

Smaller companies should be better at feedback than bigger ones as they know what's going on.

Dobber, get the X-ray
Old 14-06-2013
Mad Member

I haven't got personal experience with Team Xtreme, but I think this is not an issue with the company's goals and intentions. I think instead this may be a problem with the demand may be exceeding the capacity to handle such an amount of orders and calls for support (at least I'm surprised by how many kits there seem to be out there).

Most big companies offer their new cars in both mid and rear configuration by now... I think they need to be at the top of their game to justify paying 200GBP+ for a conversion when a standard car offers what huge gap the Vega covered a few years back.

I think their Gen 3 Vega has features that again are a step ahead of the big manufacturers, but it might be that this is causing the friction between quality from the car's design and overall product experience for the customer. The result I understand is very frustrating
Old 14-06-2013

I can understand a small company having delays and problems with supply that in itself is not the issue here for me. If the Kits were delayed then fine, let me know there is a delay, if possible give a date you expect to be sending the kit and then tell me when it's on the way. I can live with that.

What I really, really, hate is being lied to about dispatching the kit when it's clear you don't have the parts and have no chance to dispatch the next day or the day after. Then to top it off send myself and Dobber dispatch notices so somebody is waiting around for a delivery today or even taking time off work, well that really grinds my gears. Delays are excusable, stuff happens, but lying to customers and making false promises is not going to work.
Old 14-06-2013
Mad Member

Il add to this later what happened with me 2 weeks ago!!!!
Joke this place
Old 14-06-2013
Mad Member

I have no experience of Team Xtreme 1st hand. But coming from an engineering standpoint and for small firms to boot, I can say that sometimes, when jobs are late, and the boss asks if one stay till 9pm to finish the job, and people say "no", then that's another day on your order, it has a knock on effect. It'll then be to the anodisers at the end of the next day or the day after that, then the anodisers will have put another job in the tank in it's place, and so it goes on.

I'm not defending them, but small firms struggle. There's no excuse for bad service. Two sides to every story. Bad news travels fast. You only ever hear about the bad things. etc etc.

They may be just struggling to meet demand due to having a new g/box, or they could just be doing their level best to pull the wool over your eyes, who knows.
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 14-06-2013

I have made many orders from Team Xtream. I have first, second generation Vega, and now also the RB6 Vega. I have made orders for spare parts also. I have only god experience with them.
Ultima SC-R and DESC 410R

BOMBK
Norway
Old 14-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazhillAE View Post
Il add to this later what happened with me 2 weeks ago!!!!
Joke this place
Right buddy this is what happened to me within the last 2-3 weeks!

I was testing a Vega gen 2 on my B4.2 and thought I'd give the Gen 3 a try!
Contacted Yanina and she advised me I could order one for delivery a week later. She said I could pay a £50 deposit or just wait and that a deposit wasnt required but you could send one. God knows why I decided to pay the deposit but I did!

A week later the car was no where to be seen and I decided to cancel the order and wait for the c4.2 instead.

I contacted team extreme and Yanina to say I didn't require the kit anymore and that I would like a refund for the £50 deposit. I sent them emails, messages on Facebook and on oople and even after numerous phone calls which went on for two weeks I hadn't got anywhere!

I then sent an email which said that if I don't hear from you before such a date and time I will be taking things further and putting a post on oople etc

She then replied the same day to say that the deposit was not refundable and unless stated it is legally contractual! This is the deposit that I was told I didn't even need to pay!

Anyway eventually I got a refund that took another week to do and the refund was done 5minutes before the time and date I had them to sort the issues out!

Was that a coincidence or what!

Worst customer service I've ever had!
Dont reply to emails
Don't answer the phone
Don't reply on Facebook
Don't reply on oople

Be aware if you intend using them
Old 14-06-2013

i appreciate your point but i think most deposits for things are non refundable these days ??

If you book a holiday pay a deposit and cancel you lose it ??
Old 14-06-2013

To Paul Jones,

We could have easily sent out the version that we had, but told you that we were working on a possible improvement - you then had the choice whether to wait for the newer version or to have the first version sent out straight away. You opted for the newer version, where you were told that you 'SHOULD' receive it after a week. The operative word is should, we have to wait for other companies to anodise our products. If there is a problem doing this, or in our case an anodiser was on holiday (the only process that is done in house) and there was a back log unknown to us, there is not a lot we can do about it. If a company says they will do something and they don;t do it there is not a lot we can do.

We did notify you and give you the choice - you chose the newer kit which equalled the wait. Happy to send you the first version asap!

http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk
Old 14-06-2013

Refer to the multitude of threads and posts on here warning of all the above issues... You have all been warned on so many numerous occassions but these threads keep popping up time and time again.

I think the issue, is the fact that there was no honesty... being told it is going special delivery and its ready time and time again only now to be told it was never actually ready at all, is where the problem lies. Tell the customer that from the beginning and be upfront and i would doubt there would be a problem at all.
Old 14-06-2013

To Gareth Hill,

Here is a copy of the message sent to you, you will see there is no message of a weeks timesacle:

"Hi Gareth,

Ed is not running a new gearbox yet as we are still working on it. Unfortunately we are unable to offer discounts as we have kept kit prices the same despite materials and postage increasing. You are welcome to make payment in order to secure a chassis (and weights?) but they will not be ready for this weekend. We are currently machining the Vega 22 and will have to wait when that completes before we can start on another chassis.
Let me know what you would like to do and I will send paypal address if you would still like to make payment.
Thanks
Yanina"

I hope that satisfies any queries to time scales!

http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk
Old 14-06-2013

At least team Xtreme came online to try and sort out any confusion

Im sure this will not stop ron in his one man attack on anything to do with team xtreme !!!

hope this can all be resolved as i have never had any issues with them ever !!

They are a small business trying to provide a quality product and good luck to them.

That said i feel sorry for any disappointment people have felt
Old 14-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.TeamXtreme View Post
To Paul Jones,

We could have easily sent out the version that we had, but told you that we were working on a possible improvement - you then had the choice whether to wait for the newer version or to have the first version sent out straight away. You opted for the newer version, where you were told that you 'SHOULD' receive it after a week. The operative word is should, we have to wait for other companies to anodise our products. If there is a problem doing this, or in our case an anodiser was on holiday (the only process that is done in house) and there was a back log unknown to us, there is not a lot we can do about it. If a company says they will do something and they don;t do it there is not a lot we can do.

We did notify you and give you the choice - you chose the newer kit which equalled the wait. Happy to send you the first version asap!
I am happy to wait for the update and was from the beginning but what I am not happy about is being told on the phone that the kit will be sent the next day by Special Delivery.

Three times this week I was told it will be with you tomorrow. Twice I was told we are packing them as we speak. Once I even had the dispatch notice for my orders as did Duncan (Dobber) - this was Thursday 13th June at 9.20am and 9.21am for my spares order both of which were to be sent together, and it was said to me in person, by Special Delivery to arrive before 1pm today. I have received nothing, Duncan has received nothing.

So please Yanina can you tell me did you dispatch the updated kits yesterday as your dispatch email said?

I'm quite happy to post copies of the dispatch notices here if you so wish?

Kind regards, Paul
Old 14-06-2013

Hey dont point at me! I have nothing to do with this... these guys are their own people, i dont have multiple accounts...

I was just browsing and saw this champ

Just pointing out what the op is saying, which by their response, they dont get.
Old 14-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
I think the issue, is the fact that there was no honesty... being told it is going special delivery and its ready time and time again only now to be told it was never actually ready at all, is where the problem lies. Tell the customer that from the beginning and be upfront and i would doubt there would be a problem at all.
You hit the nail on the head Ron...

Waiting is not the issue, being told something has been done when it has not is the issue. It's called being honest with the customer.

If you care to check I have not bashed the product in any post, or any message I have sent.
Old 14-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
Hey dont point at me! I have nothing to do with this... these guys are their own people, i dont have multiple accounts...

I was just browsing and saw this champ

Just pointing out what the op is saying, which by their response, they dont get.
sorry Ron, no offence meant i appreciate freedom of speech
Old 14-06-2013

No problems mate Just to be clear I dont have a problem with the product, I do however dislike the conduct of the company.

Clearly misleading customers, as per the response to the original problem.

Whats REALLY funny though, is the OP and I share almost the same name, exactly same firstbut not quite second names.. Thats gotta be an awesome coincedence right there! And what drew me to the thread.