Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 26-01-2015

Default Hobbyking Euro delivery issues

Anyone had delivery issues from Hobbyking EU? An order of mine has got lost in a the tracking system with the courier. HK very reluctant to assist in finding out what has happened to it - I won't use four letter words but most apply to their customer service centre.

They keep telling me to chase the couriers which I have done and the courier says "get the supplier to raise an investigation with us and we can sort it" HK say its not been lost for long enough yet to bother even though the courier says they'll try and find it if HK ask them to!

HK clueless (maybe a language barrier thing - but won't have it and keep telling me to chase it) MUPPETS!

Constantly fobbed off by HK customer service trying to get a resolution, UK deliveries fine, China deliveries fine EU delivery gone wrong and HK help found wanting.

Courier is GLS then onto Parcelforce - Parcel force rang me to they they haven't got it and get HK to chase GLS....

round and round in circles.......

Just a shame HK UK don't have enough stock, maybe thats's all lost in the post too!

AAAAAAHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Old 26-01-2015

It's been said on here before, but that's one of the risks you run when trying to save a few quid. Buy from UK shops to keep them open and you won't have this problem.

But onto your problem. Contact paypal or your credit card company and they may help,
Old 26-01-2015

A parcel I ordered from their China warehouse went missing and took an age to get a refund but they did do it after much chasing. It took me 4 months.

It is a shame, luckily my order wasnt a large amount so I wasnt all that fussed.
Old 26-01-2015
Mad Member

Placed my first order a few weeks ago through the Hobbyking UK website. I suppose I should have thought something was funny when the first delivery option was Airmail, but as I thought it was a UK warehouse to UK address delivery I went with the option that cost about £7.

Received a Royal Mail tracking number, but after a week I was a bit concerned and as there's no contact number, tried their "online chat".

Told me (on the 3rd attempt) that although I'd ordered on the UK site, my items wasn't UK stock and hence was coming from overseas! But there was no indication of that when I ordered.

Item has finally arrived now but I won't be ordering from Hobbyking again for sure.
Old 26-01-2015

I have used Hong Kong shops no problem
placed an order Friday 7pm uk time received
Monday 12.15pm no problem ��
Old 26-01-2015

I ordered some stuff from the global warehouse, waited 6 weeks. When I asked were my goods were I was told the payment had failed! 4 weeks later I had my stuff, although the reciever didn't work. I recently ordered from the 'uk' warehouse' on 12th December, esc and set of lipos, charged me £19 postage! arrived in the new year.

Shocking service! never again. (Ordered from UK models shop on 23rd Dec and had my goods next day.)
Old 26-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

All my recent orders have gone as follows ;
Place order @ JE Models
Find everything is in stock
Paid in moments with confirmation
Order arrives next day.

Any more expensive? Not really for brand name stuff with an assurance of quality.
Enough said really, worth supporting UK shops to get the service & quick resolution on the very rare occasion anything goes wrong
Old 26-01-2015
Mad Member

How did a thread about Hobby king turn into an advert for JE?

I've used HK before and never had a problem... even when I returned some lipo's as I had ordered the wrong ones they processed the refund promptly..
Old 26-01-2015

Have also used hobbyking U.K. and Hong Kong and had no issues, some things are worth paying extra at a uk shop for but some things really aren't.
Old 27-01-2015

Although I also buy from UK model shops all the time, I have to say i've ordered stuff from all three HK warehouses and never had a problem, IME if you order from the EU warehouse it usually takes 1-2 days longer to arrive than ordering the same things from the UK warehouse.

I think if you order something from the UK warehouse which isn't in stock (in the UK) their system sends it from elsewhere by default.

Also if you order from the Hong Kong warehouse it's worth choosing DHL as the courier because they process customs charges on the fly so it doesn't increase delivery time, unlike Parcelforce!
Old 27-01-2015
Mad Member

I will add that I support my local stores - ModelWorld in Sittingbourne, Ralls Racing and Xtreme-RC, plus I order from JEModels, Apex and anyone else who holds in stock what I want at the right price.

Didn't want it to appear that I'm biased against shopping at home......
Old 27-01-2015

HOW DID YOU PAY?(PAYPAL?)I HAD TO RETURN A FAULTY ITEM AFTER 11MTHS AND 3 WEEKS.ITEM NOT IN STOCK SO THEY SAID VIA THERE ONLINE CHAT DO I WANT A PAYPAL REFUND(WILL TAKE UPTO 7 DAYS) OR HAVE THE CREDIT VIA THERE POINTS TO SPEND BACK WITH THEM.I CHOSE THE SECOND OPTION AND BOUGHT A SIMULAR ITEM AND HAD IT NEXT DAY. MAYBE WORTH A THINK AND HAVE SOME CREDIT AND SPEND IT IN THE UK WAREHOUSE.

http://www.westernvalleymodels.co.uk/

• TLR 22-4
  • TEAM C TM4
  • LOSI MINI 8 FULLY HOPPED UP
  • GT12 S1
  • HPI FIRE STORM
  • TRAXXAS KEN BLOCK GYMKANHA
  • Carisma Nissan Skyline GT
  • DJI P3
  • FIRDBIRD STRATOS
Old 28-01-2015

Just checked the tracking and after 10 days the shipment has started moving again! Not got it yet but its on a GLS delivery vehicle somewhere in the UK (not on Parcelforce van as it was meant to be when it got to Blighty according to GLS - the trade this is call a miss-route).

Maybe my "frank discussion" with HK live chat has actually inspired someone to email the courier and find out whats gone on!

Thanks for all the comments, I do like the ones from the "buy in Britain Brigade" I do buy a lot in the UK £3k last year according to my Visa bills. However, not all HK stuff is cheap copies, some of it is actually very good so don't dismiss it to be a brand snob.

So lets see if the van makes it to me - if so we've got another Buggy back online for Sunday and we can play out.

Also big thanks this week to RC Geeks for shipping a new Savox servo out in super quick time - Screwz4RC for sending out a set of Stainless Steel screws for my B44.3 (big job to swap that lot out) JE models for the bits and bobs.

Old 28-01-2015

Package arrives!!! not bad 10 days for a 24hr service!!! don't go for the GLS option from EU!
Old 29-01-2015

Im not defending them but your parcel didnt spend 9 days in customs waiting to be cleared ?

Personally i'd find 24hr delivery from abroad a logistic impossabilty or very near it if its not. Cos looking at it, it has been in 2 postal services and airmail, so if all went smooth id say a min of 3 days.

Saying that tho i'm a firm believer in supporting local business but in this day and age when money is tight we all look to save a few pounds, plus as previously mentioned some of there products are very good, I use A-Spec nanotech cells in my sons touring car and find them great.
Old 29-01-2015
Mad Member

Ordered a cheap turnigy brushless combo from Uk warehouse on Tuesday. Its just landed today.

Very impressed with that. Would of bought from mb offcourse if they stocked it.
Old 29-01-2015

I have also ordered a few items from the uk warehouse and had no issues, ideal for the cost of them.

I have also ordered various items in the past from Hongkong from fleabay and although had to wait a week or so it still turned up.

For my main items I will always support my local shop
Tamiya Lunchbox
Tamiya Top-Force
TD SCT

https://www.rccarshop.co.uk/
Old 29-01-2015

I've ordered things from the UK & European warehouses and had no problems at all. when buying from the UK warehouse, most of the packages have arrived in 48 hours at most, and from the European warehouse, about 5-7 days. Usually in the item titles, it'll tell you exactly what warehouse it's located in, so you can be sure it won't get stuck in customs when it lands.

for some of the more detailed bits and pieces (paint, scale stuff, wheels, tyres etc), i'll usually either go to one of my main local shops or buy online through one of the UK shops.