Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 12-02-2007

Default ZX5, KM kit, Lipos, upgraded parts??

Hi

I am pretty close to ordering a ZX5 and KM converson kit.

Do all new ZX5 kits supplied now have the upgraded parts? (like shock towers, shock seals and LAW34)

Does anyone running the KM conversion kit have any comments about the benefits or otherwise of the kit? Are there definite improvements?

I want to run Brushless and Lipos. Anyone with a ZX5 running a Mamba setup?

What other bits and pieces do I need to get running?
I have been flying Helis and am just starting in Buggies.

Thanks Jeff
Old 13-02-2007

To add a little to my first post:

I am a bit confused about which upgraded parts from Kyosho are included in the current Kit and which parts are Options. How to tell the latest kits?

There are many recommended parts mentioned in the posts but some of these posts are more than 9 months old.

Do the kits available now include the improved parts from Kyosho? Parts like bulkheads, shock towers, shock seals, law34 ...

What Option parts are recommended straight away when I build the kit, and what parts are "nice to have".

I am also looking to buy the KM Concepts conversion but will build the stock version first to give me a base for comparison.

Jeff
Old 13-02-2007

I've been trying to figure this out recently too. As far as I can tell, the rear suspension upgrade and improved shock seals are only part of the "special edition" kits. I get the impression that the other parts have been rolled into the standard kit (beefier shock tower mounts etc) but it's luck of the draw whether you get one of these - depends how long it's been sat around in the model shop.

I just bought one and it doesn't have any of the uprated mouldings. But I got it cheap, so am certainly not complaining .
Old 13-02-2007

Thanks Jony.
Are there Serial numbers or any production date markings on the Kit?

Jeff
Old 13-02-2007

I don't see any identifying marks on mine. There's a sticker on the box, but it looks like some quality control thing (yeah, right. Where's the pinion gear then QC guys!!!).

I figured it doesn't make that much difference anyway. I'll just use it until break and then get the uprated bits as spares. Only a couple of quid each I think.
Old 16-02-2007

hi there, would like to know the quality of the KM conversion kit? I think the conversion kit requires additional purchase of one kyosho spare/option part right?
Old 17-02-2007

Send a message via MSN to jarkkom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jony View Post
I don't see any identifying marks on mine. There's a sticker on the box, but it looks like some quality control thing (yeah, right. Where's the pinion gear then QC guys!!!)
LOL I got 2 spurs in my kit.. I guess they were getting rid of the extras at the packing department..