Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 02-07-2009

Default predator battery post's in a 501x

I know i'm a bit behind the times but i've had a 501 for months and still not ran it because of the trakpower lipos not fitting,this week finally got round to sorting the problem,not wanting to dremmel the post's,i thought i would try some pred post's as they are thinner.
What is it with screws in all these high end buggies,had to dremmel a slot in 3 501 screws and 3 pred screws not to mention 1 in a cat sx which also cut the carbon chassisany way here's the result.
cheers Peter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0355.jpg (74.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0356.jpg (79.0 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0359.jpg (62.2 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0358.jpg (66.6 KB, 50 views)
Old 02-07-2009
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

Make sure you've got some high quality tools fella! Hudy, EDS, AE are all good!
Also make sure the driver is square to the screw head, this should minimise stripping any screws. Oh and dont use tooo much thread lock.

Ben
Old 03-07-2009

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova View Post
I know i'm a bit behind the times but i've had a 501 for months and still not ran it because of the trakpower lipos not fitting,this week finally got round to sorting the problem,not wanting to dremmel the post's,i thought i would try some pred post's as they are thinner.
What is it with screws in all these high end buggies,had to dremmel a slot in 3 501 screws and 3 pred screws not to mention 1 in a cat sx which also cut the carbon chassisany way here's the result.
cheers Peter.

Nova what is the part number for the Predator battery posts, as I am going lipo on my 501 and Schumaker dont list them on the site I found?