Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > JConcepts

Old 10-04-2007

Default Racers edge hubs and spares Q?

Do any BJ4WE owners use the Racers edge alloy rear hubs?

Is there any advantage to these for a BJ4WE over the stock, and much cheaper, AE hubs?

If they are worth buying does anybody know where to find these for reasonable price in any other colour than gold?

Any other options worth looking at for the BJ4? Which spares do you carry with you for the car?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Paul,

I used to use the RE hubs on the origonal car sometimes on very high grip tracks, but backwards to reduce toe-in. On the Worlds they arn't needed as there is plenty of weight on the rear wheels and plenty of drive. You can only get the RE hubs in the gold colour, if you want blue ones you need either Trinity or Rayspeed hubs. The standard plastic hubs are best IMO, less weight and less chance of snapping a ballstud.

The only spares you'll need are front wishbones and possibly the Losi steering blocks, other than that the car is indestructable
Old 10-04-2007
Administrator

Front arms like rich says, and a front shock tower.. usually the front tower will crack and you can still race with it for a while
Old 10-04-2007

Cool sounds like it's a tough wee beastie

How about transmission bits, gear sets, slipper pads, and the like?

Is the front one way diff required or is the one way shaft fine as an option?
Old 10-04-2007
Lee-Mag

I think some people find the 1 way diff too twitchy when the grip comes up, so the shaft makes it easier to drive with a similar effect.
Old 10-04-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It can be handy to have a set of gears handy, if the slipper is fully locked up they can fail under extreme stress (like holding the throttle wide open during an accident causing suddent jolts to the drive train, but you wouldn't do that would you ). Under normal use with a properly adjusted slipper they last forever.

The two one way options do different things, the centre one way is easier to drive in general than the one way diff but normally slower unless the track is bumpy.

The one way diff gives medium initial turn-in, medium mid corner steering and the most on power exit steering.
The centre one way gives medium initial steering, the most mid corner and medium on power steering.
Full time 4wd gives the least entry and mid corner steering, and medium on power steering.

Indoors I always use the one way diff, outdoors I go to the centre one way on dirt or if the track cuts up badly.
Old 10-04-2007
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post
other than that the car is indestructable
Nonsense ! I killed Andy Shillito's brand new WE within 2 mins of getting my hands on it at Batley Sorry Shilly
I did top deck, rear driveshaft, ballstud , Wheel............... and I was being careful
Old 10-04-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

How the heck do you break a wheel John you animal

Or a topdeck for that matter

Mine survived Mr Harris' driving at Southport last year ( ), flat out with that insane Checkpoint 9 turn I have into a concrete track marking, right from top end to a dead stop in about an inch. It was such a big impact it pulled the endbell off the motor and shot the armature out the front, damage assesment - bent motor mount and a big hole in the paving slab it hit
Old 10-04-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Whistling and walking away
Old 11-04-2007

Send a message via AIM to Andy Moore

Front arms, and towers are definately the two main things that you may break on the car. Just a word of warning if you start running the front diff one-way, stock up on dogbones. The locking action seems to put extra stress on the front end parts.

| Kyosho America | kyoshoamerica.com | Team Orion | teamorion.com |Winning Edge Designs | wedjim.com | Jab Graphix | jabgraphix.com |
Old 11-04-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Moore View Post
Front arms, and towers are definately the two main things that you may break on the car. Just a word of warning if you start running the front diff one-way, stock up on dogbones. The locking action seems to put extra stress on the front end parts.
If you run the shinny dogbones this is less of a problem, as the shinny bones are not wasted at the ball end like the standard black bones
Old 11-04-2007
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post
How the heck do you break a wheel John you animal

Or a topdeck for that matter
Got it sideways coming off the end of the straight, and clipped a lip on the concrete sideways on
Old 11-04-2007

Thanks for the replys

On the subject of destruction I remember Fishy desroying his XX4 at Batley, he broke his 2wd and couldn't be bothered to repair it, so decided to give the 4wd a run. He put it down on the straight facing the stream and switched it on, with no crystal fitted...

It took off like a scalded cat with a rocket strapped to it's back and would've landed in the stream but the paving edge stone stopped it...dead

The list of destruction ran something like this, chassis, front tower, front bulkhead, wishbones, shock shafts, etc, etc...

demolition man, oh yes...
Old 12-04-2007

Send a message via MSN to rich_cree

That was the very day I first met fish!
Old 12-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_cree View Post
That was the very day I first met fish!
LoL it was certainly memorable