Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 29-09-2009

Default SERVO

HI
WHAT'S THE BEST SERVO FOR DURANGO?
thanks
Old 29-09-2009
Mad Member

I run a Futaba BLS 451 which fits in fine. Some cars I have seen run the low profile Futaba servo which is the 9551. I think the ACE 1015, Sanwa VX will also fit. Just make sure that you make a neat run of the servo wire as it it can be a bit tight going past the steering posts.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 29-09-2009

Im going to be using a Savox SC1258, which is what i have been using in my CAT SX

Very good servo imo!

Old 29-09-2009
Administrator

You can put anything in there, I built it with an ACE servo but have now put a KO low profile in there just because it's a bit quicker. I wanted to use my Futaba low profile (9551?) and found the wire fouled on the steering which didn't seem like a good idea as it added a lot of friction so I didn't use it.
Old 29-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

I'm using a Futaba 9551, as Jimmy says it can foul the servo saver, but I have taken the lead all the way round the other side, so its pulling the gromet away from the servo saver.
Old 29-09-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
I'm using a Futaba 9551, as Jimmy says it can foul the servo saver, but I have taken the lead all the way round the other side, so its pulling the gromet away from the servo saver.
Thats exactly what i have done with my 9551..

Ive pulled the wire round the other way so the grommet from the servo doesnt foul, bunched the wires up.. then heat shrunk it, then dbl sided taped to the back of the servo and run the wire back below the servo saver and its fine... When my MRT PT turns up i'll be sitting that in between servo and front gearbox and add that wire into the heat shrink me thinks.. To make it neater and save bits of debris sticking to the tape use a hot glue gun