Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 22-10-2009

Default Where to send faulty Sanwa Super Exzes?

Guys, I have an issue with my Sanwa Super Exzes that I need either the manufacturer OR someone capable of sorting out issues with transmitters to help with.

The problem, I believe is the high point on the tranny has become faulty. When I reset my speedo (throttle, brake, neutral etc etc) after a period of time during a race which can be varied, the set up points will change and the car will act as though the throttle trim has been moved forward when it hasn't. As you can imagine its not the best thing to happen during a race!

Anyway i've changed transmitters to my old (really old) exzes and it worked fine after i reset the speedo to the tranny once.

Im now at the stage where I want to get it fixed but have no clue where or who to send it to to get repaired. So can anyone recommend to me where best to turn?

Cheers

Matt
Old 22-10-2009
Mad Member

Sounds like the problem is the throttle pot, or the way it is held in place. It might even be as simple a job as taking the back off and retightening the screws so it doesn't move.

Ripmax are the distributor and can do repairs. I find their Futaba service is correct although they need a little nudging sometimes to actually get the job finished and sent back to you. If the handset is non-UK supplied (and they can tell) they might get a bit sniffy about it though.
Old 22-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimboyfat View Post
Guys, I have an issue with my Sanwa Super Exzes that I need either the manufacturer OR someone capable of sorting out issues with transmitters to help with.

The problem, I believe is the high point on the tranny has become faulty. When I reset my speedo (throttle, brake, neutral etc etc) after a period of time during a race which can be varied, the set up points will change and the car will act as though the throttle trim has been moved forward when it hasn't. As you can imagine its not the best thing to happen during a race!

Anyway i've changed transmitters to my old (really old) exzes and it worked fine after i reset the speedo to the tranny once.

Im now at the stage where I want to get it fixed but have no clue where or who to send it to to get repaired. So can anyone recommend to me where best to turn?

Cheers

Matt
Hi Matt, if you are quite mechanically minded have a go yourself, heres how: once you remove the back cover(remove the battery,rf module and ariel) the throttle pot slips in the clamp on top of it(the blue bit) drop a small dot of super glue to this blue part and the metal part of the pot and this will cure it, make sure though the handset is at neutral before you start to take it apart though