Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 16-02-2010

Default Help! New Cat owner

Hi guys!
Because the introduction of the Cougar SV, the Cat has earned a lot of interest as well up here in the cold lands. I only know about one in the country and I haven't seen that one in real life so I know nothing.

Have both cars on order and want to learn some useful things from you who have got the experience.

Options? what should I invest in? Our track are very similar to yours. Used football turf. Dirt tracks as well. One way perhaps? What spring rates do you mostly use?

Spares? What is useful to have in the spares box?

What is the smartest thing to do. Have got a nice price deal on a SX. Upgrade later to a SX2 or buy the SX2 directly? Honestly, I want the SX2 right away.
What is up with the upgraded chassis for the SX. Stiffer? Is that one included if I buy a new-in-box SX today?

Tips and tricks? Anything you think I should do the first thing with my brand new ride. As I said, dont have a clue since the cars are brand new for most of us up here.

Thanks in advance.
//Alex
Old 16-02-2010
Mad Member

I don't know whether the new chassis ist stiffer, but it does require any LiPo locators glued onto your batteries.
Spring rates: I doubt that there is much available yet, as the big bore shocks including springs are either brand new or not available yet.
Old 16-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I get confused as to which versions come with which upgrades from new. What i can say for sure is that the alloy gearbox tops are a good investment. Especially the front one.
Spring wise - Grey front with red rears works pretty much everywhere. This is only applicable for the earlier cars witht he std shocks though. The new springs that are suited to the soon to be released big bore shocks are all black with the spring rates etched into them. Personally id wait for the SX2 if i were you as then you`ll be able to use your spring sets on both cars.
Myself and many other drivers also run a one way layshaft with the pin removed. This allows steering under braking at the expense of two extra wheels of braking action.
If you do end up getting a std SX also look at investing in a RW Racing spur gear. The standard white spurs are prone to melting if you run the slipper too loosely.

HTH

See My Feedback

Old 16-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex H View Post
Hi guys!
Because the introduction of the Cougar SV, the Cat has earned a lot of interest as well up here in the cold lands. I only know about one in the country and I haven't seen that one in real life so I know nothing.

Have both cars on order and want to learn some useful things from you who have got the experience.

Options? what should I invest in? Our track are very similar to yours. Used football turf. Dirt tracks as well. One way perhaps? What spring rates do you mostly use?

Spares? What is useful to have in the spares box?

What is the smartest thing to do. Have got a nice price deal on a SX. Upgrade later to a SX2 or buy the SX2 directly? Honestly, I want the SX2 right away.
What is up with the upgraded chassis for the SX. Stiffer? Is that one included if I buy a new-in-box SX today?

Tips and tricks? Anything you think I should do the first thing with my brand new ride. As I said, dont have a clue since the cars are brand new for most of us up here.

Thanks in advance.
//Alex
There are two chassis available one Graphite the other one composite. the Composite will give you more flex will make the car more forgiving, and suitable for slippery conditions. The composite is heavier also meaning less or no weight is required.
I personally don't agree with Richard comments above I have never had any troubles with the spur gears, and Schumacher now have one of a new material which is excellent, and looking at the pictures this will be on the SX2.

Paul

Schumacher Racing - Team Tekin - Spektrum - Inside Line Racing - TrishBits
Old 16-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
personally don't agree with Richard comments above I have never had any troubles with the spur gears
Paul

Neither have i Paul - i know people who have melted several though due to setting the slipper incorrectly. Its a known issue - not something i have dreamed up hence the design change by Schuey as you mentioned.

As said, best wait for the SX2 anyway.

See My Feedback

Old 16-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
I don't know whether the new chassis ist stiffer, but it does require any LiPo locators glued onto your batteries.
Spring rates: I doubt that there is much available yet, as the big bore shocks including springs are either brand new or not available yet.
To avoid having to glue locators onto your lipo look at the Lipo Retainers here

http://atomic-carbon.gforceimages.net/cfp.html

See My Feedback