Lee-Mag

Default MBX6

What is the general consensus on these?

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 31-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I believe it is very good, amongst the strongest, and very good at riding the bumps and jumps... quite light.

Im only going off what Ive heard through the shop, im sure an owner or two will be able to confirm.

There are few chassis to avoid, the ones you'd expect to be good, are very.
Old 31-03-2010

Great car and proven to be very popular this year. Look at the Neo, the majority of cars are Mugen!

I can speak from experience too, I've owned a Mugen 5 series and the quality of the parts is right up there, you'll get a tough car, lightweight and it'll perform really well. They are pricey but you do get what you pay for with this kit.

Still though I will always recommend a Losi 8IGHT over anything.......
Old 31-03-2010
Lee-Mag

I really liked the 8ight, although i only used it a few times, the only thing i found with them out of the box was the adaptors that you put over the servos to connect to the losi spline to be weak, apart from that i really liked it.

Oh Chris, what are the Nova rossi engines like that you are running, i could be tempted to come out for a play if your about the week after easter.

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 31-03-2010
Lee-Mag

vinny bump

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 31-03-2010

I have an mbx6 and a brushless mbx5, the 6 is quite twitchy out of the box and really needs careful diff oil selection or the overdrive rear gear. Great car though and very strong
Old 31-03-2010

Send a message via MSN to BRS

Once you have it setup its the best allround car out there I believe
Old 31-03-2010

Lee, the inserts are easily sorted. You either spend £3 on a full alloy arm or get the new EU spec style horns, that kit includes metal inserts instead of the plastic ones.

Oh and the Novarossi's, they really are awesome and you can do it on the cheap too. The 21 R10 has similar internals (some say the same) and performance to the Plus 4 engine. I own a Plus 4 and Chris owns both a 21R and a Plus 4C, all of our engines were incredibly easy to break-in, tune and the performance when tuned is amazing. 10 minutes on a tank no problem, won't give you any bother and with the 21 R10, it can be done for £135!!
Old 31-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hey Lee,
Sorry was working, didn't sneak any looks here...

Ive booked a few days off plus easter break so Im around til Wednesday then im back at work, but your welcome round here anytime, or in the evening if im working, tend to be home by 5:30pm from work.

I really like the Novarossi's, for me it started out by Mike Craddock being an absolute hereo and providing all the info I ever needed so I went for a 21R to begin with - not too expensive if I get it wrong. Well it performed with the best of them, some say I was on the lean side to get that - but it still has heaps of pinch!!!! so it can't be for the amount of use ive punished it with.

I bought the Plus4c with a complete flywheel and clutch unit so I could easily change it over in minutes. Id put a 2nd pipe on there too. Im running the Jammin JP-4 hardcoat pipe but now Novarossi do the 9901 in toughened which id go for. Non-toughened pipes soon dent I notice.

Running in of the 21R couldn't have been easier, was damn close to being race ready. The Plus4C required quite a bit of leaning out especially at low end, but it sings well now... was still easy to achieve.

Nitro will never feel quick compared to electric, so mine don't feel it, plus the MP9 feels so well balanced. But on the track I have the legs on the straight, and it has great punch out of corners.... which could be to do with the all alloy shoe'd clutch and medium spring and heavy centre diff oil. I could do with Ry to vouch for my engine speed - as I just can't feel it.

If your about when im racing anywhere, just let me know, come with me.