Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > West Bridgford Model Car Club

Old 25-02-2011

Cool What Stock Touring cars are running?

Hi All,

recently re-newed my interest in RC racing and am looking to join a club, WBMCC being my local.

So was wondering what everyone was running at the minute in the Stock Touring class to give me an idea of if I need to upgrade what I currently have (a Tamiya TT-01, even got an old TL-01 but that wont be quick enough to race) or if I need to purchase the Mi1 i am looking at and really tempted to buy
Old 25-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Best thing would be to pop in, if your not too far away and have a look.

currently we have classes for:
  • 17.5 touring (30 turn/ silvercan etc)
  • 13.5 touring (27 turn)
  • 10.5 touring (19 turn)
  • Outlaw anything on-road
  • M-chassis (front or rear wheel drive)
  • 2WD off road buggy
  • 4WD off road buggy

Summer season starts 2nd friday in May, off road only @ Bingham Rugby club just off the A46/A52

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.

Last edited by Dave Dodd; 25-02-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: summer season
Old 25-02-2011

Would like to see an answer to this myself as I may be moving near this club in a couple of months time. Bit to far for me to come and check it out at the moment so I just keep reading this forum
Old 25-02-2011

Personaly i would look at the offroad class,not just because snoring cars are boring....but in a few months we move outside to the summer track which is off road....and because snoring cars are boring

There is nothing that gaffer tape and zip ties can't fix..I think we should delete all durango owners from team shambles,unless i buy one of the cheaper ones.....
Old 25-02-2011

Send a message via MSN to johnni boi

Yeah i think the best thing to do is buy a ready to run buggy. one that is easy to get spares for and you can race nerly anywhere then
Old 26-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat*1 View Post
Personaly i would look at the offroad class,not just because snoring cars are boring....but in a few months we move outside to the summer track which is off road....and because snoring cars are boring
To be fair if you like TC's i would not go to this club, i re-joined after a while away and to like TC's.

Dave, and most of the old timers make you feel very welcome, but how ever each week we race we are made to feel more second rate to off road. i must say this is not down to the good few who run the club but the few small mined COCKS that think because we don't like what they do, we are not cool, and they are.

Only last week i had to run my last heat with someone on the mic taking the piss about how boring it was (yes why we were racing) i did keep my thoughts, of how god dam rude this was to my self as it was the end of the night and he was just being a COCK.

It is such a shame it has ended up like this, and i will probably not re-join next year because of this

If you do want to do the off road thing, then stick with them, it's the right place to be, if you would like to stick to TC'S then have a look at Ardent raceway on the net it's not that much more travelling, and it a lot more of a TC club.
Old 27-02-2011

Hey guys it's a shame to read these comments on here. If you feel that way then just come over to see one of the club members on race control. We've always tried to make people welcome no matter what class they race in or what ability they are. There will always be some banter going on between drivers and the different classes, and in general this is good-natured and humourous, but if you feel otherwise then please let us know in person and we'll try to do something about it.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST
Old 27-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkd View Post
To be fair if you like TC's i would not go to this club, i re-joined after a while away and to like TC's.

Dave, and most of the old timers make you feel very welcome, but how ever each week we race we are made to feel more second rate to off road. i must say this is not down to the good few who run the club but the few small mined COCKS that think because we don't like what they do, we are not cool, and they are.

Only last week i had to run my last heat with someone on the mic taking the piss about how boring it was (yes why we were racing) i did keep my thoughts, of how god dam rude this was to my self as it was the end of the night and he was just being a COCK.

It is such a shame it has ended up like this, and i will probably not re-join next year because of this

If you do want to do the off road thing, then stick with them, it's the right place to be, if you would like to stick to TC'S then have a look at Ardent raceway on the net it's not that much more travelling, and it a lot more of a TC club.
Ive withheld my comments on this reply to my thread.....BUT IT WAS NOT ME ON THE MIC.......NEVER HAS BEEN NEVER WILL.......WE TAKE TAKE THE P*SS OUT OF OUR MATES AND NO ONE ELSE....My comment was made about touring cars as a class and not to any of the drivers....
I feel a little p*ssed off that your reply has try to make me look like im too blame for your ruined nights racing....

There is nothing that gaffer tape and zip ties can't fix..I think we should delete all durango owners from team shambles,unless i buy one of the cheaper ones.....
Old 27-02-2011

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

Quote:
My comment was made about touring cars as a class and not to any of the drivers....
Speaking purely as an observer from across the Irish Sea, and one who races every electric class he can get to, surely any negative comments on a particular class would not be taken well by those who invest time and money in it? On-road is not cheap, and requires commitment!

Perhaps a little empathy is in order. Just my 2p.

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 27-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmo View Post
Speaking purely as an observer from across the Irish Sea, and one who races every electric class he can get to, surely any negative comments on a particular class would not be taken well by those who invest time and money in it? On-road is not cheap, and requires commitment!

Perhaps a little empathy is in order. Just my 2p.
If you look at my original quote (number 4), you will see i was explaing that we move outside for half the year so if they were thinking of buying a new or second hand car to race at the club it made more sense to try off road as we dont race touring cars in the summer.the touring car jibe was a purely a joke and i didnt know the said person who commented later had a bad visit to the club...

Old 27-02-2011

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

Quote:
If you look at my original quote (number 4), you will see i was explaing that we move outside for half the year so if they were thinking of buying a new or second hand car to race at the club it made more sense to try off road as we dont race touring cars in the summer.the touring car jibe was a purely a joke and i didnt know the said person who commented later had a bad visit to the club...
No problem, I was thinking about the incident of the commentary during the on-road racing, which seemed uncalled for.

Forums are a different medium, so your snoring cars jibe was fair game! (I like 2wd buggies, tourers, and 4wd buggies, in that order, so I'm ambivalent to the argument!)

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 27-02-2011

Hi

I race a touring car most weeks have no problems with buggy drivers and find clulb friendly. I race at several clubs because work commitments mean I cannot do same night every week.

I race Xray t311 which while not cheap is fast and reliable. If you visit come and talk to me and anthony should be there on Friday.
Old 27-02-2011

Pat, this was not a dig at you.... just, happens i used your post as point,
I know you were joking on your post,
i did say that this was down to a few and not the whole club. and do not beleave this is the view of wbmcc.

I am not going to go pointing fingers at anyone over the mic thing, as i do know who it was, but don't think it will solve anything, i'm shore he has been on here by now and seen my comments, and am shore he meant it as a joke to, it's just not the sort of thing that would make new comers who are learning to drive and maybe having a bad night braking stuff go home feeling good about them selves.

i think we just need to cut out the digs from the few NOT everyone.....

but i still stick by what i say TC's are better off at ardent, sorry if that upsts anyone but hay.