Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 04-05-2011
Administrator

Default TLR SUPER CUP - Eden Park Raceway, 25 & 26 June

Eden Park Raceway have announced an exciting new race in just under 2 months time at the end of June - the TLR Super Cup 2011.

Prizes:
Awards for winners of 2WD, 4WD and 2WD SCT Top three in Under 14 and Under 19 classes in 2WD and 4WD only Concourse competition winner

On-Site Retailer:
MK Racing

Note: The organisers have the right to alter or amend any of the above details should it be in the best interests of the club, sponsors or competitors Venue Details:
Eden Park Raceway
Club Langley
Hawksbrook Lane
Beckenham
Kent
BR3 3SR

Contact E-mail:
edenparkraceway@live.com

Race Director:
Ian Knight

Commentary:
Dave Church

Race Format:
No practice on Friday although the venue is open from midday Saturday – two timed practices in heat order, three rounds of quailifying Sunday – one short practice in heat order, two rounds of qualifying, multi-leg finals
Three leg A finals for 2WD, 4WD and 2WD Short Course Truck Two finals for all other finals, in all classes FTD qualifying system (unless weather affected) Five-minute qualifiers and finals

Entries:
Three classes - £15 per class
2WD, 4WD and 2WD Short Course Truck
Entry limit of 160 across all three classes
70 - 2WD/70 - 4WD/20 – SCT (this may be altered depending on numbers)
Maximum of two classes per named driver

Rules:
Event running to BRCA 2011 1:10 Off-Road National Championship guidelines
No control tyre in 2WD and 4WD Short Course Truck tyres only – no 1:8 off-road variants allowed

Overnight Camping/Caravanning:
£5 per pitch per night (Friday and Saturday night only)

TLR Super Cup 2011 in association with Spektrum and Electrix RC

Eden Park Raceway will be hosting the inaugural TLR Super Cup 2011 on 25-26 June at their famous multi-surface racetrack in Beckenham, Kent. This will cater for the three most popular 1:10 off-road classes of 2WD and 4WD buggies, and 2WD Short Course Trucks. Although the organisers aim to attract top drivers from the UK and Europe, it is hoped that the TLR Super Cup, in association with Spektrum and Electrix RC will appeal to local drivers as well.

The format sees a change to the norm with all three classes running on both days of the weekend. Saturday will see two practices and three qualifiers, with a short practice, two qualifiers and multi-leg finals on the Sunday. Qualifying will use the FTD format and there will be three legs for the A finals in 2WD, 4WD and Short Course Trucks with two legs for all the other finals. Awards will be presented to the winners of 2WD, 4WD and SCT, the top three in the U14 and U19 classes as well as in the concourse competition.

Entry fees are £15 per class with a limit of 160 in total, split 70 in 2WD, 70 in 4WD and 20 in SCT. Tyres are open, but in SCT drivers will be limited to
standard SCT wheels and tyres (no 1:8 tyres). Booking in will be made through the Central Booking system (www.centralbooking.org) and every racer will receive a complimentary entry pack when they book in. The club hopes to have a complimentary buffet on the Saturday evening for the drivers although the bar will be open from midday all weekend. Camping is available on Friday and Saturday nights for £5 per pitch per night and this should really help to make the event fun and family orientated.
The club hopes to have more details confirmed and an entry list will be available at centralbooking.org soon so keep an eye on the Racer, EPR and other popular websites for more information as its announced.

Last edited by jimmy; 10-05-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 24-05-2011
Mad Member

Default Practice available Friday afternoon

The entries are coming in slowly but surely. If anyone has any questions or requires any information at all, please just contact myself or Steve Brooke (Brookie) on the forum here.

The club and sponsors are trying our best to make this a fun and competitive race meeting for all abilities.

We have received interest from drivers in Europe and a few have already booked in. We felt that due to the distance some will travel, that we should make the track available for practice on Friday afternoon from 2pm.
This will give the opportunity to get a flavour for the venue, especially those that have never been to EPR before.

To level the playing field, after practice (7pm but TBC) the club will relay a new layout for the weekend of racing.

As I said before, if EPR can help in anyway in getting you to come down for a fun weekend of racing, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Old 25-05-2011

I'm in, should be interesting running both cars each day

E
Old 25-05-2011
Mad Member

Ellis - I like the way you use the wife's bank account for your entry fees!
Old 25-05-2011

Its normally the wife that controls the finance isn't it?
Old 25-05-2011

I control them, just use her name
Old 25-05-2011

Hi,

I thinking of coming down to this meeting, but I was wondering if any locals know of any good cheap hotels around the area, as the premier ones are very expensive.

Many thanks
Old 25-05-2011
Mad Member

Hi Gareth

Here is the link to the local borough's accomodation page on their website.

http://www.infobromley.org/BromleyCo.../PlacesToStay/

All of teh places listed are within 15 mins of the track. If you are looking for Bed and Breakfasts or Guest Houses, search for thiem within West Wickham and Beckenham as these are the two areas either side of Eden Park.

HTH
Old 25-05-2011
Mad Member

Here is another...

http://langleypark.yolasite.com/

Don't forget that camping is available and we hope will be on alongside the usual toilet facilities.
Old 25-05-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

If i can make it guys, i will be there!! this sounds an event not to be missed!!
Old 25-05-2011
Mad Member

Here's hoping you can make it Griff, all are welcome, local, National or International.
Get those entries in here: http://www.centralbooking.org/cbs/index.php
Mr. Stafford is now booked in and we are aware of other 'names' that are due to attend!

There's a considerable amount of excellent work being undertaken in the background by the EPR team, our supporters and our suppliers to make this the very best event we possibly can!
Old 26-05-2011
Mad Member

Am being very very tempted
Old 26-05-2011
Mad Member

DO NOT resist! You will not be disappointed, our efforts continue at a pace!
Old 31-05-2011

I'll be there! Hopefully not breaking any chassis in Short Course this time Looking forward to a great meeting, and with the legendary Ian Knight running things (he of Petit RC fame) I'm sure it'll be run extremely professionally too!
Tamiya
HPI Racing