Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 16-07-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001
Default Thinking of getting an x4te

Hi all,

I have run a B44 for this years regionals, and enjoyed the car very much. It has been strong, reliable, easy to get parts for etc... However, I have found the car a little unforgiving to drive, and watching Tom Yardy go from a yokomo to b44.1, it seems obvious to me that the car isnt quite as smooth as some others out there to drive,
However I am thinking of changing cars, and was seriously considering the ansmann, as it looks like the bmax (which I really like) but at a price I can buy, and with better support for spares etc.

However, after much looking around, a few of my more favourite shops sell the car, but then dont seem to stock any spares to go with it, or only a few of the most common parts.

Where do you lot get your parts from?

Thanks
Mark
Old 16-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwilliamson2001 View Post
Hi all,

I have run a B44 for this years regionals, and enjoyed the car very much. It has been strong, reliable, easy to get parts for etc... However, I have found the car a little unforgiving to drive, and watching Tom Yardy go from a yokomo to b44.1, it seems obvious to me that the car isnt quite as smooth as some others out there to drive,
However I am thinking of changing cars, and was seriously considering the ansmann, as it looks like the bmax (which I really like) but at a price I can buy, and with better support for spares etc.

However, after much looking around, a few of my more favourite shops sell the car, but then dont seem to stock any spares to go with it, or only a few of the most common parts.

Where do you lot get your parts from?

Thanks
Mark
My previous 2 cars were D4 (hotbodies) and the B44. This car is so much better I feal like I'm cheating sometimes.

I started with the plastic chassis car 12 months ago and now run the carbon fibre car. The only parts that have broken are the front hinge pin brace (get the upgrade part) and 1 front shock tower mount. This car is VERY strong.

For parts see my signature!! They are very good.
Old 16-07-2011
Mad Member

The X4TE is very forgiving and easy car to drive, its exactly like a bmax for driving, only you have that little bit more that you're always looking for with a Bmax. (if that makes sense )

Ansmann UK stock all of the parts needed and they only come from germany if not in stock at UK, most LHS's should be able to get anything you need within a few days.

Mike.
Old 16-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi, I race a X4Pro and the only parts i've needed to replace are:
1 set of diff gears
1 front tower holder
2 front shock shafts + ends and a spring

the diff gears was my fault as the slipper was too tight, the others are from hitting other buggies
make sure you check the screws that hold the steerings hubs, i have lost one of those then when i landed it ripped the steering hub off, but again that was my fault...
because of those i only keeps them parts in stock..

so a very strong car

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 17-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
The X4TE is very forgiving and easy car to drive, its exactly like a bmax for driving, only you have that little bit more that you're always looking for with a Bmax. (if that makes sense )

Ansmann UK stock all of the parts needed and they only come from germany if not in stock at UK, most LHS's should be able to get anything you need within a few days.

Mike.
so you had a bmax before?
Old 17-07-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinfastout View Post
so you had a bmax before?
Yes!
Old 17-07-2011

how is this car better?

I have heard some horror stories with the diff/bevel gears on this car.
Old 17-07-2011
Mad Member

I didnt say it was better, in fact im a big fan of the bmax!.

I felt that the bmax really easy to drive and handled very well.

I just feel that with this car my laps are faster. Maybe just suits my driving style a bit more, hence the gives me a bit more than the Bmax did.

Since i have had the X4TE i am yet to have a gear fail........ touch wood.
Old 18-07-2011

I have the team c version (plastic chassis) with big bore shocks, I have only broken a front cvd and hub carrier (nosed in on a large jump). The car handles very well, on an outdoor bumpy track it just floats the bumps with ease. Very forgiving and easy to drive.
The kits do not have the bevel gear problems as they have revised the gear cases. If you get a used car be sure to buy the new cases. Otherwise any new kit should already have them.
My only complaint is the drivetrain isnt very free spinning, my friends bmax has the same "issue". We both have to watch the motor temps, I think the drivetrain causes this.
I will not consider another car, Im quite happy with it.