Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 31-07-2011
Administrator

Default Tom Cockerill and Hupo Honigl win oOple Invernational 2011

Tom Cockerill 4WD TQ & 1st - Hupo Honigl 2WD TQ & 1st

This years oOple 'Invernational' event went off a storm and at the top end of the results it was Team Schumacher's Tom Cockerill TQ and take the 4WD class with his CAT SX3 ahead of Hupo Honigl in 2nd with his Team Durango DEX410 and local hero James Helliwell in 3rd also with a Durango.

The 2WD class saw Hupo Honigl dominate first time out with his brand new Team Durango DEX210, taking the 4 rounds of qualifying on Saturday to take TQ - only for Tom Cockerill to take the final round on Sunday to ruin his perfect qualifying run.
Hupo managed to hold of serious pressure from Craig Collinson's DEX210 to win all three legs of the A final for the win. It finished Hupo 1st, Craig Collinson 2nd and surprise star of the 2WD finals young Ashley Caunt taking a very impressive 3rd with his Vega RB5 mid motor car - he's one to watch for sure.

We've got a whole heck of a load to do on the report and photos from this meeting and it's late! if you were there you'll understand how awesome it was - if you weren't you'll have to wait and see.
Old 31-07-2011
Administrator

Old 31-07-2011
Administrator

Full results of qualifying and finals for all competitors is here:

http://ooplerace.com/2011/results/ressum.htm

We'll have a full report online soon - but thanks for everyone who made the event possible, drivers, organisers and sponsors.
Old 01-08-2011
Mad Member

Nice win for the DEX210, very promising for it's first race really! I know they probably didn't want to risk taking it to the worlds and having too little experience to drive it at the top, but it's a shame really they didn't if you look at this result... Nice!

I can't wait for the full report - with hopefully lots of pictures - I really enjoyed all the race reports so far!
Old 01-08-2011

Great meeting, good fun and very well organised! Just wish I would have had better qualifying runs but all the same an excellent weekend! Thank you
Old 01-08-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origineelreclamebord View Post
Nice win for the DEX210, very promising for it's first race really! I know they probably didn't want to risk taking it to the worlds and having too little experience to drive it at the top, but it's a shame really they didn't if you look at this result... Nice!
Well durango drivers indeed used DEX210 at Worlds not in this kit plastic form but rather more alloy/CF one
Old 01-08-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochness42 View Post
Well durango drivers indeed used DEX210 at Worlds not in this kit plastic form but rather more alloy/CF one
I know, my bad, I forgot to mention the word 'production spec' or similar - I bet the production type car could've done at least as good as the prototypes they used, which would've been a statement to how good the car is, but it would've been a risky undertaking.

Anyway... I think I should move to England after my study and get into racing more! Even better than reading Oople reviews (though I'd read them anyway)!
Old 01-08-2011
Mad Member

What bodyshell is that Tom has on his car?
Old 01-08-2011
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3sy View Post
What bodyshell is that Tom has on his car?

Proline bulldog (b44.1)
Old 01-08-2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochness42 View Post
Not true - they used the prototype car. The production version of the DEX210 sadly wasn't ready in time for the Worlds.
Old 04-08-2011

nice trophy!

BZB: The shortest name in rc..

BZB "i just can't, i just can't, i just can't control my feet" 2012 tour!!:

BZB4Holland

BZB4Belgium
Old 05-08-2011

trophy looks really cool too!