Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 11-04-2012

Default Charging Lipo Saddles

Got my head charging my stick lipo's, but not sure about the saddle packs.

There isn't a balancing lead with them, and no hole to fit the lead in the same way as the stick packs I have. Just the +ve -ve hole on each of the packs. Does that mean the only way I can charge them is individually (otherwise they won't be balanced) ?

If I have to do them individually, what do i charge them at ? They are 1s, 3.7v each, and 5200mah. Does this mean I should charge them individually at 5.2a, or half that at 2.6a ?

Thanks
Old 11-04-2012

You charge them at 5.2a irrespective of whether you are charging individually or as a pair. You can get charging leads wired for balancing which will enable you to charge them as a pair, otherwise you will need to do them individually. My IP5200 saddle packs come supplied with the aforementioned charging lead as I believe some other packs do.
Old 11-04-2012
Mad Member

There are saddle-pack balance leads "out there" (basically they replace the link wire with one that has a balance lead included). You could probably wire one up yourself if you can't find one on a shop shelf.

If you were to choose to charge the saddles individually, just charge them as if they were 1s packs of the full capacity. So 5.2A in your case on the 1s setting.

I think most people just charge them as a pack, although I agree with you that using the balance lead is a safety precaution that is well worth taking.
Old 11-04-2012

So I can charge them individually at 5.2a on the 3.7v, 1s setting ?