oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Anyone recognise this one (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15540)

purpletimbo 02-11-2008 02:42 AM

Anyone recognise this one
 
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l8...BlueBox001.jpg
wondered if the original owner racer might be on here:D

Wraggy 02-11-2008 08:55 AM

Mardave Metor .. one of my 1st ever cars that was.
its not mine though..

Northy 02-11-2008 09:33 AM

Ooooohhhh, non standard shell..... :)

G

Bungleaio 02-11-2008 02:45 PM

I had one of those chargers, for some reason if you put a larger fuse in it then it would charge faster. We couldn't think of a logical reason for it but we timed it with different fuses and with a 10 amp one in it it was 10 mins faster.

VintageRacer 02-11-2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bungleaio (Post 174262)
I had one of those chargers, for some reason if you put a larger fuse in it then it would charge faster. We couldn't think of a logical reason for it but we timed it with different fuses and with a 10 amp one in it it was 10 mins faster.

A higher value fuse would have a lower resistance as the wire would be thicker, so should allow a higher charging current. Can't think of any other reason.

Answer-RC-Pete 02-11-2008 09:29 PM

Remembering the charger as well! Think everyone at our club had one at one point.
I didnt even know what charger I used to have till I saw that.

traffman 03-11-2008 12:11 AM

My mate still has one of those hi tec chargers , every one i knew and there gran had one.
I changed from a hi tec to a tekomo pro slope charger after cost me roughly 6o quid.

Bungleaio 03-11-2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traffman (Post 174591)
My mate still has one of those hi tec chargers , every one i knew and there gran had one.
I changed from a hi tec to a tekomo pro slope charger after cost me roughly 6o quid.

Sorry this is taking it a bit off topic but were they the blue ones with three red dials on? I picked one of them up when I bought a 2nd hand gold tub RC10, I have vague memories of putting a volt meter into a special socket on the front to get extra info out of it. Did someone make them in their shed? They didn't feel very well put together.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com