Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-11-2008
purpletimbo's Avatar
purpletimbo purpletimbo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: York
Posts: 299
Send a message via MSN to purpletimbo
Default Anyone recognise this one


wondered if the original owner racer might be on here
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-11-2008
Wraggy's Avatar
Wraggy Wraggy is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Leicester
Posts: 2,120
Send a message via MSN to Wraggy
Default

Mardave Metor .. one of my 1st ever cars that was.
its not mine though..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-11-2008
Northy's Avatar
Northy Northy is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Malton, North Yorkshire - Gods Country
Posts: 8,364
Blog Entries: 15
Default

Ooooohhhh, non standard shell.....

G
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-11-2008
Bungleaio's Avatar
Bungleaio Bungleaio is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Leicestershire
Posts: 1,014
Default

I had one of those chargers, for some reason if you put a larger fuse in it then it would charge faster. We couldn't think of a logical reason for it but we timed it with different fuses and with a 10 amp one in it it was 10 mins faster.
__________________
Lets Off Road!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-11-2008
VintageRacer's Avatar
VintageRacer VintageRacer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleaio View Post
I had one of those chargers, for some reason if you put a larger fuse in it then it would charge faster. We couldn't think of a logical reason for it but we timed it with different fuses and with a 10 amp one in it it was 10 mins faster.
A higher value fuse would have a lower resistance as the wire would be thicker, so should allow a higher charging current. Can't think of any other reason.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-11-2008
Answer-RC-Pete's Avatar
Answer-RC-Pete Answer-RC-Pete is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Up Norf. where its real sunny!
Posts: 309
Default

Remembering the charger as well! Think everyone at our club had one at one point.
I didnt even know what charger I used to have till I saw that.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-11-2008
traffman's Avatar
traffman traffman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Polmont , Falkirk
Posts: 817
Default

My mate still has one of those hi tec chargers , every one i knew and there gran had one.
I changed from a hi tec to a tekomo pro slope charger after cost me roughly 6o quid.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-11-2008
Bungleaio's Avatar
Bungleaio Bungleaio is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Leicestershire
Posts: 1,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by traffman View Post
My mate still has one of those hi tec chargers , every one i knew and there gran had one.
I changed from a hi tec to a tekomo pro slope charger after cost me roughly 6o quid.
Sorry this is taking it a bit off topic but were they the blue ones with three red dials on? I picked one of them up when I bought a 2nd hand gold tub RC10, I have vague memories of putting a volt meter into a special socket on the front to get extra info out of it. Did someone make them in their shed? They didn't feel very well put together.
__________________
Lets Off Road!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com