Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-03-2008
AmiSMB AmiSMB is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Posts: 1,375
Default CVD Availability

Seeing as CVD's these days are thin on the ground I was wondering if there were CVD's from other cars that were of a similar size and would fit the Losi XX-4?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-03-2008
ashleyb4's Avatar
ashleyb4 ashleyb4 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oswestry
Posts: 6,142
Default

Give dms a ring i think they may have some in stock

A
__________________
Ashley Williams

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-03-2008
tyreman's Avatar
tyreman tyreman is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Leamington Spa
Posts: 1,924
Default

Just get the lcd's from Losi
__________________

Xray, Orca, 1UP Racing, Avid,
X Factory UK, RC Disco, Hudy,
RichPaint, RDT products, Screwz4rc

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-03-2008
super__dan's Avatar
super__dan super__dan is offline
#1 ZX5 fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,482
Default

I've tried on 3 seperate occasions to get LCD's to work and they just don't. Brian you must be a legend if your's don't fall to bits, ALso I fell no benefit from them for the 2 or 3 runs befoe they fall to bits.
__________________


Nortech is ACE!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-03-2008
tyreman's Avatar
tyreman tyreman is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Leamington Spa
Posts: 1,924
Default

There's no special trick just build them at home, use a good thread lock (i use the trackside one from Horizon) but let the thread lock cure for at least 12 hours.

I've been using them now for over 2 years with no problems, the only time i see them fail is when they are built trackside.
__________________

Xray, Orca, 1UP Racing, Avid,
X Factory UK, RC Disco, Hudy,
RichPaint, RDT products, Screwz4rc

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-03-2008
AmiSMB AmiSMB is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Posts: 1,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
Give dms a ring i think they may have some in stock

A
Trouble is I have the aluminium ones and I just find that they wear a little too fast for my liking and seeing super_dans wanted post this is the same as DMS have in stock. I would like some steel ones I would really like some shiny CVD's but I think I would have more luck searching for rocking horse p**.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-03-2008
ashleyb4's Avatar
ashleyb4 ashleyb4 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oswestry
Posts: 6,142
Default

I think they are the shiny ones give him a ring he is so friendly and willing to help. Top bloke is daz.

A
__________________
Ashley Williams

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-03-2008
ashleyb4's Avatar
ashleyb4 ashleyb4 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oswestry
Posts: 6,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by super__dan View Post
I've tried on 3 seperate occasions to get LCD's to work and they just don't. Brian you must be a legend if your's don't fall to bits, ALso I fell no benefit from them for the 2 or 3 runs befoe they fall to bits.
Ive seen tony bishop build them but he did you a hammer.

A
__________________
Ashley Williams

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-03-2008
AmiSMB AmiSMB is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Posts: 1,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
I think they are the shiny ones give him a ring he is so friendly and willing to help. Top bloke is daz.

A
Rears available it is the front ones I am more interested in. I may have to try the LCD out.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-03-2008
niggs98's Avatar
niggs98 niggs98 is offline
Woop Woop Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: birchington kent
Posts: 1,682
Default

like brian ive run lcd's for over a year now without issue as i took his advise and used a good strenth threadlock (purple) or the trackside stuff as well as they both seem the same and let everything set for over 12 hours before use. they still strip easy for maintenance and have been fine to use with little wear so can recomend them
__________________
Nathan Ralls HPI, Custom Blitz, www.piraterc.com mr-o foams

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-03-2008
_sleigh_ _sleigh_ is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In front of my PC
Posts: 1,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
Ive seen tony bishop build them but he did you a hammer.

A
Tony uses a hammer to fix everything...



I'd agree with the comments on the LCD's, I ran them for over a year and never had an issue with reliability.

If you're mega paraniod , you can always use the CVD trick and heatshrink the joint area to stop the pins from coming out.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-03-2008
AmiSMB AmiSMB is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Posts: 1,375
Default

Does anyone know if the front A3228 LCD's has a 1/4 axle or the 3/16 axle?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-03-2008
tyreman's Avatar
tyreman tyreman is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Leamington Spa
Posts: 1,924
Default

They come with the 3/8 x 3/16 axle as standard so all of the wheel bearings throughout the car are the same.
__________________

Xray, Orca, 1UP Racing, Avid,
X Factory UK, RC Disco, Hudy,
RichPaint, RDT products, Screwz4rc

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 14-03-2008
N7ELA's Avatar
N7ELA N7ELA is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Shields
Posts: 1,071
Default

Rear CVD's are readily available from america via ebay. you can get alloy, shiney or normal ones. front ones however are a little harder to find. front alloy ones are on ebay in america right now. Only cost about £25 a pair including delivery.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com