Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > YORCC - York

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-10-2009
Mike2222 Mike2222 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 641
Default Racing at York 10th Oct.

This Saturday is the first round of the 4wd Championship.No mixed heats in 4wd, but non-championship rounds for 2wd and trucks will be held if there are enough entries. Venue is at Huntington School, YO32 9WT.
Doors open at 6 .
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-10-2009
Col's Avatar
Col Col is offline
Awesome Admin
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: York
Posts: 4,571
Send a message via AIM to Col
Default

Be there nice and early, boys and girls!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-10-2009
farmboy's Avatar
farmboy farmboy is offline
YORCC legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: York
Posts: 337
Default

Will be back after last week's initial visit and will bring truck (Losi).
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-10-2009
MyForest MyForest is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1
Default Thanks for making us feel welcome

I popped in with my five year old daughter tonight and everyone made us feel very welcome. Thanks very much.

The driving we saw was pretty awesome and my daughter enjoyed herself lots.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-10-2009
farmboy's Avatar
farmboy farmboy is offline
YORCC legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: York
Posts: 337
Default

I was the guy there with the SC Truck. Thanks for letting me race in the 2wd buggy class. It was the first time I had done any kind of racing and I have to admit, I'm hooked. Thanks for making me feel so welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-10-2009
jameswilkinson7's Avatar
jameswilkinson7 jameswilkinson7 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bradford
Posts: 999
Default

Looked good with that truck too!! You seemed to be getting it round well. It was good to have that little battle with all the trucks during practice. I think they look great when there all flying round It would be good if we could get enough drivers for a full heat.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-10-2009
farmboy's Avatar
farmboy farmboy is offline
YORCC legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: York
Posts: 337
Default

Thanks for the compliment! I've never been racing before and had only bought the Strike about four hours before. Its handle is best described as "distinctive"; definite understeer at times. I do like the way the back end flicks out though, especially at the end of the back straight if you get the braking right (not that I did that very often).

It's not very fast (well, ok, it's actually pretty slow) and I'm curious how quickly my Losi Desert Truck would get round. That now has a 15T Orion motor in and I've a hunch it would be faster. The Strike looks very scale though, which is why I bought it. I can almost picture a rather large American at the wheel, with a bucket of fried chicken on his lap!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-10-2009
jameswilkinson7's Avatar
jameswilkinson7 jameswilkinson7 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bradford
Posts: 999
Default

Their certainly Tricky fellows to drive on the slippy stuff. But good fun
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com