Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 09-02-2010

Default 501x direct drive mainshaft replacement

Hey dudes, i'm trying to find a replacement mainshaft, that will allow me to run direct drive in the 501x, i was able to use the ta05 shaft in the db01r and it slotted in with minimal shimming required, however, the main shaft on the 501x is much longer and the gap the ahaft has to span is long than the ta05 on will, and i imagine other problems culd be caused by the placement of the pin holes being designed for the spur to be run on the other side of the car, im going to go look now, perhaps the 416 stuff might work, anyway, if anyone knows of one that does, please post it up here, thanks

migs

ps, im going direct drive for 17.5 class, its been working fine in my db01r, i dont need to be told about the downsides of it, i want to cut out the drive train weight of the slipper setup, as well as not having the threaded ends of the shaft sticking out of either side getting in the way of things

thanks
Old 10-02-2010

dont worry, i think im out of luck, the 415/416 are too narrow, and the 414 has the spur placement too far from the pulleys, i think its a dead end