Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 22-03-2010

Question racing with the big pulley conversion

im looking at upgrading to the big belt conversion in the 501x. I just want to know from you guys that have done it ,is it worth it, do the belts last longer cause i go through a fair few with the balsy brushless set ups, also any hints much appreciated in advance cheers chris
Old 29-03-2010

I don't think it really is worth upgrading until the old pulleys have gone. It makes sense that the larger pulleys decreases the strain on the belt as the force is distributed over a larger circumference. This COULD lead to a slightly longer lifespan, but it's probably marginal. Although, the larger pulleys look nicer and I believe they have slots to release dirt.

Considering the tension can be adjusted by rotating the differentials I personally didn't see the need.

Julius.
Old 29-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom chris View Post
im looking at upgrading to the big belt conversion in the 501x. I just want to know from you guys that have done it ,is it worth it, do the belts last longer cause i go through a fair few with the balsy brushless set ups, also any hints much appreciated in advance cheers chris
They do cope better with the bigger power from brushless, if you are going to change the get the reinforced db01 belts as used on the trf511 as I've never changed a one in nearly 8 months, the older 369mm belts(un-reinforced) only lasted a bit longer than the original belts you are using at the minute,op1140 is the ones you need, hope this helps

Last edited by pugs; 29-03-2010 at 09:40 PM. Reason: missed part no