Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > oOple Talk

Old 20-06-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Default Issues with shops

Guys im a bit miffed with shop staff in DMS giving wrong info. I couldnt for the life of me figure out the 12 or 14g was what was used on the LRP Sxx esc but was advised 14 by a lady who may i add was incorrect. I ordered a castor block for my B2, the wire which was wrong and also a servo extension lead (which never arrived) but was happy that the rest of the stuff i ordered turned up the next day. Im just miffed that i had to order from Apex the items that never came and the correct wire as well.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 20-06-2010

Surely you'd want to take this up with DMS, and not on a public forum?

Besides, personally i've used DMS in the past and allways had flawless service. Im sure im not alone.
Old 21-06-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Guys im a bit miffed with shop staff in DMS giving wrong info. I couldnt for the life of me figure out the 12 or 14g was what was used on the LRP Sxx esc but was advised 14 by a lady who may i add was incorrect. I ordered a castor block for my B2, the wire which was wrong and also a servo extension lead (which never arrived) but was happy that the rest of the stuff i ordered turned up the next day. Im just miffed that i had to order from Apex the items that never came and the correct wire as well.
A simple phone call would have sorted your issues out (not that I can see there are any "issues" really)

Sadly on the LRP ESC range and SXX one in particular (SXX, SXX TC, SXX Stock Spec) the wire gauge used by LRP is 13g on some and differant on others and since you ordered just a packet of "black only" (which LRP do not produce) back the other day just several minutes before we closed (when we called you to say your special request single part had arrived), we either had to send you a little thicker or a little thinner in size to be able to get your order out so quickly as we did (and you acknowledge), I am sorry for us trying to be helpful, pherhaps we should have left the order until we had time to call you after the weekend in which case you would not have had your order by now at all ......

The rare B2 25 degree caster blocks that you could not get elsewhere (which were specially ordered in for you from CML) was the only other item in your order of just under £10 all in, the servo extension lead was somthing we were asked to add "if we had one" (which we didnt) so it was not included with your order of just two parts and hence does not show as "to follow". To say your had to order the "parts" (plural) that you did not get, from your regular first choice supplier (as you have put in several threads in the past) is a bit misleading on a public forum since there was just the one from what is here to see.

Thanks for the public bashing, sorry we did not live up to your expectations with your special order this time around..........................
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 21-06-2010

To be honest ive not had much luck with DMS and am getting annoyed with their attitude and not impressed with them being to fast just to make the post and grabbed the first wire instead of the one i wanted. Also i would call but you dont open on saturday unlike all other model shops then oople comes in handy. Funny response as i dont recall being told "if we have one" more like we have one. I keep hearing about your old stock as well but never seem to get an answer when ive asked you to look for certain items. Pity as ive spent several thousand recently on old stock and if you did look for the items (i asked three or four times) i was after i would have also ordered other stock for other makes and models. Your loss, and i know you couldnt care less but my average spend is five grand a year which will be going elsewhere from no on.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 21-06-2010
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Didn't you learn about this crap when the previous thread was deleted?
Ring the shop, resolve your problems then go back to your preferred shop and never go back!
Easy.
Old 21-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

This thread is a waste of time, DMS have many fans for good reason so you're just making yourself look an idiot & not them... get it sorted, email them privately if they're not open! Im sure it could be resolved quick and painlessly without bursting a blood vessel and creating bad feeling.

Not all model shops open on Saturdays, check your facts before making passive comments. Perhaps majority.
Old 21-06-2010

used dms many times over the years never had any problems and always had good communication with darren and his staff

if you have problem take it up with dms and not on public forum
Old 21-06-2010

I have used DMS on a few occasions and I've nothing but positive experiences using them.

Keep up the good work guys
Old 21-06-2010
Mad Member

Ive used many model shops over the years, some were good and some were bad. Luckily DMS have always been good to me so i will keep on buying from there in the same way i shop in Tesco's and not Asda's because i prefer it.

If Apex is your prefered shop, then why didn't you go there in the first place?

I have managed a model shop myself until recently for several years and have learned that you can NOT please every customer. Some people just prefer shopping elsewhere and that's the end of it.

But, coming on to a public forum to bash a shop is not on. You really should deal with the shop direct with any issues you may have. I do believe your words can be described as "slander", and can be used against you in a court of law.

p.s, DMS is a great shop.

Jamie........
Old 21-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've got nothing but good things to say about DMS, all my dealings with Darren have been fantastic
Old 21-06-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
To be honest ive not had much luck with DMS and am getting annoyed with their attitude and not impressed with them being to fast just to make the post and grabbed the first wire instead of the one i wanted. Also i would call but you dont open on saturday unlike all other model shops then oople comes in handy. Funny response as i dont recall being told "if we have one" more like we have one. I keep hearing about your old stock as well but never seem to get an answer when ive asked you to look for certain items. Pity as ive spent several thousand recently on old stock and if you did look for the items (i asked three or four times) i was after i would have also ordered other stock for other makes and models. Your loss, and i know you couldnt care less but my average spend is five grand a year which will be going elsewhere from no on.
So just to get this straight you are already annoyed with our "attitude" then you placed another order............ok.

I am sorry you feel the way you do, but if I am dead honest I really do not get where you are coming from.

Lets clear a few final points up one more time.... We DONT just grab "any old product" for a customer to get it to them in the post ASAP, we send what we think is appropriate and correct for the part they have requested, in your case some wire.

Yes you are quite correct we no longer open on saturdays, after doing so for nearly 18 years, as Cris points out quite rightly, we are not the only shop to do this....
There are three simple reasons why, the vast majority of our business is conducted via mail order and since there is no normal post or courier collection on a saturday it was not possible to satify the majority of our customers on this day of the week(end).
We also spend many sundays of the year, trackside supporting the race meetings with our trackside shop (just as we were yesterday, when at the Silverstone regional, of which we did not get home until nearly 10pm after battling through the Moto GP traffic and unloading the van at the shop) hence why I was still up at 1:30am this morning replying to this thread!!! This meant we were actually doing almost 7 days a week and with a family myself too this was becoming almost impossible.
Lastly, it allows us to concetrate more on the new distribution side of our business more, by attending meetings such as the nationals etc and promoting X-Factory UK as best we can, this could not be done while we were stuck in the retial shop.

Next point being the servo extension lead, when your order was taken, they did quite clearly say that we would add it to your order "if we had one", I was sat next to her on the next desk when she said it, as I replied above, if it was a confirmed part of the order it would say "to follow" if we had none in stock, but since it was not it does not appear on your invoice at all...

Lastly, vintage stock. Just to be 100% clear so that you understand - you are not our ONLY customer who has asked for some of our older stock. We have large stocks of vintage parts (Schumacher, Kyosho and Losi mainly) that were all pulled off the shelf to make more space for shelving etc when we started up X-Factory UK. They are all absolutely buried in the depths of our stock room and with the work load we have at present there has simply not been time to spend hours sorting through them and digging them out. We have told ALL customers this who have enquired about them and when the time is right, we will sort through them and list them here on oOple first for all to see. We are not simply ignoring the requests we just dont have the time at present to do anyhting with these end of line items....... (Which reminds me, it was yourself who had us order 10 rare Kyosho belts from Japan for you via FDL, and after they had eventually been chased half way round the world to France you told us dont bother since we "wont" get them - so they were returned by FDL. So it is not like we "dont bother" for you at all)

There is little more I can say, if you have any further grievience, we are contactable at the shop via email or phone (and since it is Monday we are available for a full five days now). I was not aware that a similiar thread had already been deleted (thanks to those who did to try to save this public slagging), although I have no problem in answering a customers problem in public and am indeed happy for our service (good or bad) to be discussed in the open, it is the best way for the public to hear the good things and also an open way for us to put right any wrongs we may have. I just wish the slating was a little more justified than it seems to be in this case and I wish the store(s) that you spend your 5K per year with continued success with your future custom ......
Old 21-06-2010
Mad Member

Default DMS

Have to agree with the above - DMS service is top quality.Recently spoke to Darren at EPR and he explained that he has a million things to do so sometimes can't get to the phone or update a service as he would like. I spoke to him last thing on the saturday and he had time to explain things to me. Good work fella and think on comparison DMS is up there

J
Old 21-06-2010

Like it was said earlier on, Why don't people put as much effort into talking to the staff at the shop rather than sitting at your keyboard moaning about it on a public forum!! I don't get it!!

Old 21-06-2010
BANNED

This type of thing does not really belong on the forum, business between individuals or individuals and shops/suppliers should really stay private.

It's disspointing that deleting the original thread was not enough of a hint to that.

The public love for DMS is clear to see, and after Darren has typed all that stuff out (in what seems a full defense) it seems a shame to delete it again as he's probably got stiff fingers.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 21-06-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
This type of thing does not really belong on the forum, business between individuals or individuals and shops/suppliers should really stay private.

It's disspointing that deleting the original thread was not enough of a hint to that.

The public love for DMS is clear to see, and after Darren has typed all that stuff out (in what seems a full defense) it seems a shame to delete it again as he's probably got stiff fingers.
LOL @ Stu, I am used to typing mate, didnt realise that another thread was deleted until earlier, thanks anyhow for your efforts. Like I said, I have nothing to hide from, we have done nothing wrong in my eyes but try to be efficient and helpful.

People are all to quick to criticise nowdays at the slightest blip and that seems to be the norm sadly........
Old 21-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

DMS are awesome.

I love the way you can order three items at once, and then receive them over 3 consecutive days in the post, with 'to follow' written next to the other items, and all for one postage! That says to me that they don't wait for all the bits but instead dispatch as much of your order as fast as they can.
Its not Darrens fault that in my experience the item I always need urgently is the last 'to follow' and the one that arrives first was a 'whilst I've got an order in' filler. Thats just bad luck!

But at less with DMS I know they are always as quick as possible, which is what I want.

Oh and while talking to Darren - didn't you say you did carbon Bmax towers? Whereabouts are they on your site?

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 21-06-2010

Had great success with DMS and getting parts for my XXCR

DMD have always been good. The two slight disappointments were to do with the monkeys delivery mail..

Darren also puts up with my questions!
Old 21-06-2010

+1 for DMS

Needed parts for a Losi that were not on website so emailed order one evening.

Found work was taking me past the shop the next day at 11ish so called in and found that all the parts i needed (including the parts that were not on website) were all in a basket being checked off.

Superb mail order service and extremely friendly when you pop in to ask a question or two.

So just want to say thanks to DMS for keeping my cars running.
Old 22-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckster522 View Post
+1 for DMS

Needed parts for a Losi that were not on website so emailed order one evening.

Found work was taking me past the shop the next day at 11ish so called in and found that all the parts i needed (including the parts that were not on website) were all in a basket being checked off.

Superb mail order service and extremely friendly when you pop in to ask a question or two.

So just want to say thanks to DMS for keeping my cars running.
I agree with the Huckster, I always receive a great service from DMS and I have never had any problems.