Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 16-07-2007
Super Moderator

Hi fiiiiivvvvveeeee

G
Old 16-07-2007
Stu-Perstar

Chris Long and his Father took Paul to my Dads house Thursday night to see his garage full of old CRAP!!. It was strange to see him in my dads garage. I have never spoke to him before and he made me feel very at ease. Very nice Guy and look forward to meeting him again.
p.s. I am not sponsored off him so this is the truth.
Old 16-07-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I forgot about that! I tell theeee, Roger had lots to show.... as you saw Stu...
Old 17-07-2007

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
...who is also able to be part of 'the crack'.

I'm sure it's not the crack I'm thinking of!
Old 17-07-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITTLER555 View Post
YEAH! When is Mr Losi coming to re-build my BK2 and the XX4 EH! EH!
Sorry to say there is no more Mr.Losi Affiliated with Team Losi. Seems strange but very true.........
Chazz and Paul are what the Losi's use to be 20 years ago......
Lets hope X-Factory keeps it real.
They are doing a great job.
Old 17-07-2007
Administrator

Amen to that - these guys have the real spirit of racing.
Old 18-07-2007
Mad Member

Thank so much for your nice comments. Paul's mom, who is responsible for him, will be so happy to read your nice comments.

Writing this from the Shoot-Out. It's 9 PM and the mains of the regular Tuesday club race are just beginning under the lights. We practiced today and Paul re-built his X - 5 while the club race was on.

I find the very best part about this R/C thing is being with the people, and especially the X Factory Family all over the world. E-mailing, talking on the phone (Yes, Family members call us from everywhere.) and particularly meeting racers in person is always enjoyable. Even when someone has a problem with one of our products, making them happy is fun for us and brings a smile to their face.

I spent 25 years in the dump truck business -- check out Young Chazz's ride on www.4wdrc.com -- and it was a great time. But now we sell FUN, and I'm happier than I've ever been.

I'd like to say I count Gill Losi Jr. as more than a passing acquaintance. We had a good conversation just this afternoon. He would like to be able to visit with customers as we do, but the companies are different and his is far larger -- he has different duties than I and must spend his working time differently. So please don't diss Mr Losi -- he's a great guy, dedicated to R/C racing who just made an incredibly difficult decision to follow his heart back to 1/10th racing. And when he's at any track for any reason, he's willing to talk as long as necessary to anyone.

I find the same is true of Brent and Kurt at AE.

We were very happy in U.K. and Belgium. We're so happy with our European Team: Ellis, Chris, Dan, and Antoine. Great guys all, and excellent racers too. Meeting them in person was a hoot and confirmed our belief in the quality of the Boyz. Really, everybody we met anywhere in the R/C world we visited was clearly a top-notch person.

Our importer/distrubutors, Lesro Models (Daryl Firth) and 2-LB Racing (Laurent LeBrun) are top-notch too. Great guys who know their business and want to help X Factory expand.

I'll let Paul log on and respond -- he's finally got his stuff packed up so we can go back to the hotel -- to your nice comments. We had a great time. It was wonderful to meet so many good people. Thanks to all of you.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 18-07-2007

Send a message via AIM to Paul_Sinclair

These forums need a ::embarrased::

You guys are great; everyone I met during my two week stay in the UK and racing in Belgium was friendly, talkative, and helpful. ('Cept Jimmy, who ran away from the podcaster! ). Really, it sounds quaint or stiff, but the whole trip was great. Thanks to everyone for making it so.

As Chazz was, I'm writing this from the pits at the Hot Rod Hobbies Shootout; it was the frist day of practice for this race. There are two more to go, then three days of racing! Coming from Oswestry, it hit about 98 degrees F today (just shy of 37 degree's C) and was really bright and sunny. The forcast for the week is more of the same, its going to be hot!

To answer some quetions: yes, even having a day or so to think about it, I still wish I'd been able to race at Oswestry. Try sitting out a meeting once, and watching everyone else race, you'll understand! I'm proud to have been a part of Team Gigolo - and the answer was 14/322!!!

We gotta go - its time for dinner and back to the hotel room to go to bed. Thanks again for all the positive comments guys - I'm so glad I was able to meet everyone and put some faces to the names on these (and other) forums and races.
Old 18-07-2007
Administrator

nice to meet you paul, apologies for my lack of podcastyness - I was scared! haha Next time we meet I'll do one honest.
Old 18-07-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post

I'd like to say I count Gill Losi Jr. as more than a passing acquaintance. We had a good conversation just this afternoon. He would like to be able to visit with customers as we do, but the companies are different and his is far larger -- he has different duties than I and must spend his working time differently. So please don't diss Mr Losi -- he's a great guy, dedicated to R/C racing who just made an incredibly difficult decision to follow his heart back to 1/10th racing. And when he's at any track for any reason, he's willing to talk as long as necessary to anyone.
I think Gill is a great guy and so is Pop's. Just now that they sold the show and Horizon is running things it changed. Like Team Losi not going to the Worlds!!!!!!! That's the way to represent you racing efforts. I could see if Team Losi/Horizon was a small company but give me a break!!!
I mean, Your a multimillion dollar company and you can't send your qualified guy's to Japan for 2 weeks? What could it cost, $35,000,00 tops? And what portion of that can they wright off in taxes?????

Personally, I can't wight for X-Factory to build there own cars with ONLY X-Factory parts. I'm sure that day will come. I think X-Factory is in it to win it!!!!!
Old 18-07-2007
Administrator

Yeah I don't think anyone was having a go at Gil Losi - more 'Mr.Losi' the company (horizon). We all know Gil is THE man and is even back racing! great stuff.
Old 18-07-2007

I guess your right Jimmy. I just don't like what Horizon is doing to a great product. I have been a die hard Losi fan from day one until Horizon came along. Now all I see is Losi (1/10) products dieing hard.
Old 18-07-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

and I think you will find that Mr Losi DID come over to the UK and built a few cars!
Old 18-07-2007
Super Moderator

JESUS!!!!

I was only trying to have a laugh!

I am sure the next time I bump into GIL I will hand him my car and say --excuse me kind sir, that nice young man from XFactory kindly rebuilt my 4WD car, would you reciprocate and rebuild my 2WD BK2 as I am a lazy old bas*ard and can't be arsed!

He will probably say - I can't tell a word your saying with that put on posh accent, but of course I will sort it as i am a nice man as well.

EVERYBODY HAPPY!
Old 18-07-2007
Administrator

Bad damo, BAD!
Old 18-07-2007
BANNED

I talked to Gil briefly at Bury National a couple of years ago - when Yukka & the lad who looked like he was from Limp Bizkit (can't remebrer his name) raced there. We chatted about CAD and making moulds, nice chap.

I do suspect if I had asked him for car help he would have done what he could, although (as they seemed to be trying to get their heads around why the XXX4's were poo around Bury track) a full rebuild would have been a bit of a big ask.

SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 18-07-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I do suspect if I had asked him for car help he would have done what he could, although (as they seemed to be trying to get their heads around why the XXX4's were poo around Bury track) a full rebuild would have been a bit of a big ask.
Although some bod driving a XXX4 did managed to out qualify every other losi in the field at that national...
Old 19-07-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sleigh_ View Post
Although some bod driving a XXX4 did managed to out qualify every other losi in the field at that national...
with my own design front end on it!
Old 19-07-2007
Mad Member

Yeah that's true
Old 21-07-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

That was quite funny