Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 21-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

I don't think there is a 'best' car anymore, just some cars suit peoples driving styles more than others. Since i moved from the CR2 to X6 it is indeed a bit more edgy, but if i stay clean i believe it is faster for me. 3 seconds is a bit extreme though, did you only have three wheels on the car?
Old 21-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sticking with it for now. The mid motor design is though seriously flawed, the recent thread showing the Centro layout versus the 22 highlights the weight / gearbox issues clearly.

Yes, on a high grip track, in dry conditions, with new tyres it's great, anything else and it's frustrating. I'm tempted to try the spear tooth, but it's an expensive option.

I've already bought too much for the 22, a set of HRC blocks, as they were once the supposed answer to the grip problems... Not ! A Cream Rc weight, shock springs: the right ones for uk tracks, brass under lipo weight, lots of new hex wheels. So what appeared to be a good value car is actually pretty expensive to get running anywhere near well in the UK.

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 22-07-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
Sticking with it for now. The mid motor design is though seriously flawed, the recent thread showing the Centro layout versus the 22 highlights the weight / gearbox issues clearly.

Yes, on a high grip track, in dry conditions, with new tyres it's great, anything else and it's frustrating. I'm tempted to try the spear tooth, but it's an expensive option.

I've already bought too much for the 22, a set of HRC blocks, as they were once the supposed answer to the grip problems... Not ! A Cream Rc weight, shock springs: the right ones for uk tracks, brass under lipo weight, lots of new hex wheels. So what appeared to be a good value car is actually pretty expensive to get running anywhere near well in the UK.

I've just returned to RC racing after many many years and i'm only doing regionals and club racing. always had a soft spot for losi's but more and more i find myself wanting to move away and try a different car.
One that doesn't seem as fiddley and is a bit more forgiving on a newbie like me.
But i cant settle on what i'd like to go for and its a lot of money to buy a new car and get it to where my losi is in terms of spares etc.
Old 22-07-2011

I put my 22 mid motor when i built it and have kept it stock from there. The 22 is the best handling buggy i have owned. Before i bought my 22 i had been racing an all graphite xxx and was fast but i am faster with a 22. The 22 is a new buggy and people need to spend time working with the setup, but it all comes down to if the buggy fits your driving style. Before i got a 22 i was looking at a kyosho or a schumacher but decided to give the 22 a chance and haven't regretted it yet.
Old 22-07-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Average lap with the 22 was something like 28 seconds, 25 seconds with the X2C... So maybe not every lap but on average yes, not knocking the 22 just not for me.

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 24-07-2011
Mad Member

Loving the 22, awesome car. Even out of the box then minor adjustments to get it to where mine is now. Don't need a shorter chassis IMO

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 24-07-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Very Happy with mine i found it was just diffrent to drive from other cars im slowly starting to get used to mine but plenty of things i want to try.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 26-07-2011

Last time I race off road competitively was with a Losi LXT.
More recently I raced Short course as it suited my full throttle door bashing nature.

I had the itch for the 22 for a while so I have come into it having only tried other buggys whilst bashing not competing.
So I had no preconceived notions of how it should or would handle.

I tried it out of the kit build and enjoyed it, after putting Paul Uptons settings on it for Moto Arena I loved it even more.

I really like the way it drives but then I guess not having anything compare it too is a good thing I dont feel the need for any type of conversion im happy racing it how I have it, although I will admit ive put weight in it as well to help the handling.
Old 26-07-2011

Question 22 setup

Hi lads

anyone got a setup that can make the car aggressive? i cant get near the times i had with my xxxcr, im confused!!!

Keeping fast motors reving hard.

signed...migsy

racing made better by Losi, Team Xtreme, HPI BAJA 5B. novak, castle creations, trak-power lipos bantam B6 and my SMR nicely done by huski sport uk. local club: Cwmaman RC Jammers.

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.