Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > West Bridgford Model Car Club

Closed Thread

Old 19-01-2014

Not been coming to club that long so I can comment on that, I enjoy the clubman class for the reasons I have previously stated and stand by them, if it comes to it I'll just do my own tamiya thing and take my chances ... I'm certaining not going it get dragged into any class wars ...

Of course there are going to be better drivers and more competitive drivers etc that's a good thing for the most, and those drivers running comparable cars will shine like a new penny I'm sure.

I regret posting it now, should have just kept quiet and turned up and run perhaps ...

Same old, same old ... Every club suffers from this kind if thing, the worse thing is the written text often does not carry the intent it was written in so things get taken the wrong way.
Old 19-01-2014
Mad Member

Problem with typing long posts - 3 more tend to come in before hitting the "post" button
Old 19-01-2014

Buggies next Friday anyone?
Old 19-01-2014
Mad Member

Can't: although I have a Hobao H2 that is awesome to drive I have sold my hornet and 73% of my Manta Ray
Old 19-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedolby77 View Post
Has anyone actually noticed that some of the very good drivers that the club has been catering for are not coming as much or in some cases at all?.... There are some things that could be said but as this is a very public forum maybe this is not the place.
if we are not made aware of the reasons for this then i'm not sure how the problems are meant to be resolved pat g had informed us that the reason him and certain other gt12 drivers had not been attending so regularly was because of the loss of grip due to the large ammounts of fluff and debris on the track, so myself, chris petch, dave dodd and my mrs had stopped late after the buggy blitz and spent two hours hoovering the carpet and getting rid of some of the broken track markers to try to improve the racing experience for everyone. feel free to send me a pm on here if there are any issues you would like to bring to light out of the public eye
Old 19-01-2014

Location: Nottingham till I retire, then Caribbean or Palawan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddus74 View Post
Same old, same old ... Every club suffers from this kind if thing, the worse thing is the written text often does not carry the intent it was written in so things get taken the wrong way.
Hehe, totally. I'm half way through writing something detailing why that happens at clubs, just doing it for the hell of it.

And I published a paper long ago on your second point. Without facial expressions or the emotions expressed via the spoken word you are free to interpret text in ways that can easily enrage you When that wasn't the intention of the writer.

PS: Happy to give buggy a go alongside Clubman. Enjoying the onroad stuff more TBH. But did enjoy the silly Venom tyres.
Old 19-01-2014

Off topic, but can anyone point me in the direction of the foam tyres for the touring cars please?
Old 19-01-2014

off topic scott lol , i believe chris petch uses contact foams... unsure where he gets his from but they seem to work very well !, i think we should all run kit tyres without inserts....... and mechanical speed controllers... while were at it why not ban 2.4 gig and get everyone to use 27meg..... might give little drew bexton half a chance with his m03
Old 19-01-2014

You can get them from the Schumacher site.
Old 19-01-2014
Mad Member

Or Dave, just ask him for "the ones you sold Chris"!
Old 19-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris56 View Post
Lee, if there are specific things people don't like about the club then please let us know. Me, Dave, Martin and Gui are all on the committee and are active on this forum - if you have something to say that you don't want publishing on the public forum then please pm one of us.

At the end of the day we can't please everyone but we try to please as many people as we can, thats why we offer so many classes - if you don't enjoy one then you can try another. I stopped racing buggy on a friday as I wasn't enjoying it but am loving clubman.
Hi Chris, I know you guys do a great job and fully appreciate all you do. It is just a shame that some people make what should be a fun evening into a moan session. I will speak to you about some issues, but would rather do that in person as messages do not aways work in trying to get your views across.

Personally I really enjoyed clubman on Friday as I was able to race ( legally ) with other racers ( not all with the same chassis and setup ) and over 5 mins be separated by a handful of seconds. For me anyway that is what it is all about. As with real racing the field will be split into a couple of groups who are in the same race but racing against other people. Let's not forget these are only toys?
Old 19-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
I had no idea that he said that. Well maybe some people are more grumpy than others. It would be interesting to see if he could say that face to face..... Anyway Reg as I thought it would be rude to only buy one, I bought 2 so you can race one........

He did say it to my face,but not sure why he didn't say after the first round if it was a problem!but hayho it for fun

Brill I can't wait for Friday,should be a giggle

Skidd I don't see the problem with your original post or anyother,all we are doing is trying to all have fun,not easy if you are made to feel you don't fit in or cheating,
So what's the spec of what you will be running Friday?motor,gearing,speedo settings,tires?

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 19-01-2014

Quote:
Let's not forget these are only toys?
Wise words indeed. But last time I said that at the pub I felt like I had just turned a friendly bunch of people into a pitchfork wielding lynch mob.
Old 19-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
Wise words indeed. But last time I said that at the pub I felt like I had just turned a friendly bunch of people into a pitchfork wielding lynch mob.
To be fair as I was typing those words my eyelid was twitching
Old 19-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
So what's the spec of what you will be running Friday?motor,gearing,speedo settings,tires?
So you guys bought plastic fatastic POS cheap Tamiyas too?

If I run my TL01 it has a bruhesd HPI Firebolt 15T sealed can thing with 6.57 gearing. Speedo settings you say? Don't have those, running a no-brand speedo with no settings not even calibration. And Sorex 28s.

Although, I don't know if I will run it yet. I am having fun with the Mardave.
Old 19-01-2014

Quote:
To be fair as I was typing those words my eyelid was twitching
pmsl lee, scale model vehicles or toy cars..... theres only one way to find out.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg (21.6 KB, 1 views)
Old 19-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
Did you wake up with a horses head in your bed

Martin I think it would be boring with no cars going round after 30sec

Old 19-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith105e View Post
pmsl lee, scale model vehicles or toy cars..... theres only one way to find out.....

Old 19-01-2014

Chris, what grades and offset dude?
Old 19-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
Did you wake up with a horses head in your bed
I'm still getting the "we know where you live" phone calls...
Closed Thread