Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 20-07-2006

Default Gear Protector??

Hi Guys..
Is there any aftermarket gear protectors for the Lazer??
Or is it only to "D.I.Y."??
Today, after about five minutes of driving the familiar sound of sand eating my maingear was heard all over the track .. Iīm kind of new to the 1:10 EP stage so Iīm not sure whatīs common. Is that the way itīs supposed to be, tha main gear working as a vacum cleaner???

Put me in the right direction..

Peter
Old 21-07-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
Hi Guys..
Is there any aftermarket gear protectors for the Lazer??
Or is it only to "D.I.Y."??
Today, after about five minutes of driving the familiar sound of sand eating my maingear was heard all over the track .. Iīm kind of new to the 1:10 EP stage so Iīm not sure whatīs common. Is that the way itīs supposed to be, tha main gear working as a vacum cleaner???

Put me in the right direction..

Peter
I havenīt seem that, but try tape under your chassis to close the holes and if your body shell is cut after the lines is very open in the rearend, maybe you should change your bodyshell and cut closer to the rear shocktower.

Ulrich

Danish 4WD champion 1989, 1997, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.

www.racegallery.dk
Old 21-07-2006

Mange tack Ulrich...
Yes Iīll try a piece of tape to cover the hole, since I think itīs a far too expensive way to make sand out of small gravel

Peter
Old 22-07-2006
Mad Member

i have lazer complete season original spur you dont need to tape it up dude if you had some sh*t go in u have been really unlucky
Old 22-07-2006

Send a message via MSN to nick oliver

Dude i had this happen to mine at oswestry.. i found just putting some duck tape there helped! but didnt last to long.. found best is to get some lexan cover it, the duck tape it in place
Oswestry RCC
Old 22-07-2006
Mad Member

i run at oswestry no prob so i fink u han a shite draw
Old 23-07-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert digler
i run at oswestry no prob so i fink u han a shite draw
Also try to switch to 76tooth spurgear, 78T Spurgear goes very deep in the chassis and can easier catch small stone and sand after landing af jumps etc.

Danish 4WD champion 1989, 1997, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.

www.racegallery.dk
Old 24-07-2006

Interesting you've all mentioned this situation right now. The past three times I've run my ZX-5 this has happened to me! I ran it for 6 months straight with no problems, now all of a sudden, anything that can get jammed into my spur from the track, finds a way into my gears. Quite annoying. I hate hearing that clicking noise going around the track when I know the rest of the drivetrain is smooth. I've spent waaaay too much time as of late using a hobby knife to clean out each tooth of the spur only to have it happen two minutes into the next run. I thought recently that I might have rebuilt something wrong on the buggy that would have caused this, but I guess not since all of you are having the same problem. I'll have to try out some chassis tape like you've all been doing. Hopefully that helps.
Old 05-08-2006
Woop Woop Member

depends on the track but if im somewhere that i feel will cause a prob then i run the losi/associated chassis protection sheet but tbh i dont normally have a prob but like i say it depends where im running so give that a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesFan
Interesting you've all mentioned this situation right now. The past three times I've run my ZX-5 this has happened to me! I ran it for 6 months straight with no problems, now all of a sudden, anything that can get jammed into my spur from the track, finds a way into my gears. Quite annoying. I hate hearing that clicking noise going around the track when I know the rest of the drivetrain is smooth. I've spent waaaay too much time as of late using a hobby knife to clean out each tooth of the spur only to have it happen two minutes into the next run. I thought recently that I might have rebuilt something wrong on the buggy that would have caused this, but I guess not since all of you are having the same problem. I'll have to try out some chassis tape like you've all been doing. Hopefully that helps.

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline