Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 24-12-2007
Body Paint's Avatar
Body Paint Body Paint is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Newport, South Wales
Posts: 2,039
Default

ROG: For me it would be a 5.5R and 6.5L as first choice motors with a 5.5L as a soft option for 4wd or a crazy option for 2wd.

MARK: IMO you made correct choice there mate.

DAN: See if you can find a window at some point for drinkies
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 24-12-2007
AndyM's Avatar
AndyM AndyM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: York, UK
Posts: 894
Send a message via MSN to AndyM
Default

does anyone know what pinion i should gear my 5.5R in my BJ4WE with a 81t spur?

thanks guys
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 24-12-2007
ben's Avatar
ben ben is offline
Smirnoff Ice dancer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: York
Posts: 5,505
Blog Entries: 2
Send a message via MSN to ben
Default

doesnt it say in the manual. It should have a gear chart?

lil ben
__________________
Schumacher Racing - Reedy - Schelle - TKR - Bandicoot Bodies - MIP - Nextlevelrc - Trishbits - Moss Models
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 24-12-2007
Northy's Avatar
Northy Northy is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Malton, North Yorkshire - Gods Country
Posts: 8,364
Blog Entries: 15
Default

The "L" motors are not BRCA legal and should not be used at BRCA events. Have you been a naughty boy Brokeback?

G
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 24-12-2007
Body Paint's Avatar
Body Paint Body Paint is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Newport, South Wales
Posts: 2,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
does anyone know what pinion i should gear my 5.5R in my BJ4WE with a 81t spur?

thanks guys
19/81 will do you Andy
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 24-12-2007
Body Paint's Avatar
Body Paint Body Paint is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Newport, South Wales
Posts: 2,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
The "L" motors are not BRCA legal and should not be used at BRCA events. Have you been a naughty boy Brokeback?

G
If only you new how naughty Dan can be
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 24-12-2007
c0sie c0sie is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cheltenham
Posts: 3,294
Default

Mr. Harris,

What gearing do you run on your S4 at Newport??
__________________
Previously:
BRCA Micro Section Chairman.
BRCA Micro National Champion.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 24-12-2007
AndyM's Avatar
AndyM AndyM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: York, UK
Posts: 894
Send a message via MSN to AndyM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Paint View Post
19/81 will do you Andy
thanks Craig!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 24-12-2007
ben's Avatar
ben ben is offline
Smirnoff Ice dancer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: York
Posts: 5,505
Blog Entries: 2
Send a message via MSN to ben
Default

dirty danneth

lil ben
__________________
Schumacher Racing - Reedy - Schelle - TKR - Bandicoot Bodies - MIP - Nextlevelrc - Trishbits - Moss Models
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 25-12-2007
super__dan's Avatar
super__dan super__dan is offline
#1 ZX5 fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
The "L" motors are not BRCA legal and should not be used at BRCA events. Have you been a naughty boy Brokeback?

G
Maybe I have and maybe I haven't, maybe I'll tell you in the form of a song..................




I forget what motors I've run where, but I passed scuitineering every round at Teeside
__________________


Nortech is ACE!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-01-2008
super__dan's Avatar
super__dan super__dan is offline
#1 ZX5 fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,482
Default

Thought some might be interested by this. I swapped out the old faithful 5.5R at Worksop on the weekend for a new 5.5L Novak motor. If you don’t know Worksop it is a cork floor that has good grip but you need to be careful picking up the throttle, even a little in 4wd.

I ran the same gearing in the X5 as I did on the 5.5R and it felt great, a fraction easier at the bottom end but just as fast down the straight. I plan to keep using this motor over the 5.5R in the 4wd next time I’m there and probably the indoor finals.

So I still stand by my statement that in most conditions the 5.5R will be a fit and forget, but as I happen to have a 5.5L I will now likely change out for situations where picking up the throttle can be tricky so wet grass, wet astro, polished floor etc. In fact for anyone that likes a smoother motor (like the brushed triple, quads etc) then you may well prefer this motor anyway and therefore it will be fit and forget.

Dan
__________________


Nortech is ACE!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-01-2008
Chrislong's Avatar
Chrislong Chrislong is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bury
Posts: 4,196
Default

While I await a replacement R, I am using an L, and am quite convinced that I will be sticking to L motors at all meetings I can do so. From 1st April I may not even use another R motor, the L just feels so good in 4wd too (although I seem to get it far hotter)

Chris
__________________
JESpares JESpares JESpares JESpares JESpares
www.jespares.com
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-01-2008
racdeaf racdeaf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 940
Default

so is it brca legal ?? as i am thinking of getting 5.5L or 6.5L
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-01-2008
Chrislong's Avatar
Chrislong Chrislong is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bury
Posts: 4,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racdeaf View Post
so is it brca legal ?? as i am thinking of getting 5.5L or 6.5L
Not til 1st April, so you will not be able to use the L's at THE BRCA REGIONALS at York, Durham and Indoor finals, club meetings you can, and after 1st April (once approved) at every meeting.
__________________
JESpares JESpares JESpares JESpares JESpares
www.jespares.com
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-01-2008
racdeaf racdeaf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 940
Default

cheer thanks
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-01-2008
Chrislong's Avatar
Chrislong Chrislong is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bury
Posts: 4,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Not til 1st April, so you will not be able to use the L's at THE BRCA REGIONALS at York, Durham and Indoor finals, club meetings you can, and after 1st April (once approved) at every meeting.
Sorry, I have some wrong information in my last post. The Motor list can be updated at any time, it is not refreshed at the 1st April like cells, so I will confirm once L motors approved
__________________
JESpares JESpares JESpares JESpares JESpares
www.jespares.com
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-01-2008
super__dan's Avatar
super__dan super__dan is offline
#1 ZX5 fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,482
Default

I know Charlie (from Novak) is in contact with PW at the moment so they should be added to the list shortly.

Tut tut Chris, how long have you been doing this now?
__________________


Nortech is ACE!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-01-2008
Chrislong's Avatar
Chrislong Chrislong is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bury
Posts: 4,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by super__dan View Post
Tut tut Chris, how long have you been doing this now?

yeh yeh, I realise I 'should' know but I swear that I never did, and in all the time I have had 1st April in my head (and probably chatted about plenty of times before) nobody has corrected me until earlier today!
__________________
JESpares JESpares JESpares JESpares JESpares
www.jespares.com
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 18-01-2008
RogerM's Avatar
RogerM RogerM is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The middle of off-road nowhere ----- Cheltenham
Posts: 4,258
Default

Whilst having my daily look at the homologation lists (waiting for the 08 cell list) I happened to look at the brushless motor list and the "L" motors are now legal!!!!

http://www.brca.org/BRCA/elecboard/n...s%20latest.doc


Just thought it might be of interest to somebody
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 18-01-2008
Northy's Avatar
Northy Northy is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Malton, North Yorkshire - Gods Country
Posts: 8,364
Blog Entries: 15
Default

Keep up at the back there man...... We realised on Monday

G
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com