Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 18-07-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyaflake View Post
Not running any sway bars/stabilizers either. And indeed, removing some plastic wouldn't shave off that many weight. Still running saddles so his car is a bit heavier.

It looks weird though.
I'm interested to see his shock and spring setup running without roll bars. i find the car collapses at rear without the rear rollbar and saddles.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 20-08-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default New B4-008R1 Rear Wishbones

New B4-008R1 Rear Wishbones - Out in Japan this week, coming soon...

Original Link: https://yatabearena.com/partslist/b4..._b4_008r1.html

Translated:
Rear Lower Suspension Arm (1 mm Longer) for B-MAX4III - B4-008R1

It is a rear suspension arm of B-MAX4III for options. In the long suspension arms 1mm than standard, it becomes 2mm wide tread to suit both sides. Limit of the rear is higher than the standard, cornering becomes more aggressive.

As used by Naoto at the 2014 JMRCA: http://www.teamyokomo.com/download/s...nals_naoto.pdf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 22-08-2014

Pro-Line Phantom body for the B-Max4 has been announced.

Part Nr : 6260-00
Old 22-08-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyaflake View Post
Pro-Line Phantom body for the B-Max4 has been announced.

Part Nr : 6260-00
cool.

http://prolineracing.com/bodies/phan...omo-b-max4-III

They could have done a better job of the product shots...
Old 27-08-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'm just about to do an order with my favourite shop Mb models for some Yokomo stuff, I want to try out the new carpet springs but what ones would be a good starting point??

I mainly race at Maritime raceway so carpet with a little bit of slippy wood sections

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 27-08-2014

A soft, medium and hard spring.
Old 27-08-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

What colours??

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 27-08-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just wondered people feedback on the shorty conversion for high grip tracks?

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 27-08-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHeadling View Post
What colours??
I've just bought the black fronts which is the second hardest spring and 1 harder than kit. I feel that will be plenty hard enough.

Also using black on rear at the min but feel that's maybe too hard with the thicker roll bars.
Old 27-08-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
What colours??
I like orange yokomo all round on RHR astro on saddles.
I also like the new yatabe orange on the rear on astro.
I run a 1.6mm or 1.8mm rear roll bar.

I found the purple yatabe front a bit too soft (on the saddle chassis car).
Old 27-08-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Just wondered people feedback on the shorty conversion for high grip tracks?
Not yet, just building mine to run. was keeping it until after my regionals, as i was happy with the saddle chassis performance.

I tried my carbon shorty chassis, but didn't get enough time with it to get the rear end sorted. It was over damped/packed with my shock setups for saddles.
Old 27-08-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks for the info Neal, look forward to seing what you think of the shorty conversion

I'll get the orange springs on order along with the new carpet roll bars front and rear then we should be on the pace!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 27-08-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Thanks for the info Neal, look forward to seing what you think of the shorty conversion

I'll get the orange springs on order along with the new carpet roll bars front and rear then we should be on the pace!
I've not used a heavy front roll bar. I find the 1.1mm to be fine, or none if I need a touch more steering.

The Yokomo Orange fronts come in the kit.
The rears:
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...ange-soft.html

and Yatabe Orange Rears:
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...t-surface.html

Refer to this chart for more part codes: http://www.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo/...ringsChart.pdf
I'm still not 100% happy with the comparative rate on this table. I've been working on it with Arn0.
Old 30-08-2014

is anyone running bmax2 arms on this car?
BM-008R

(just wondering. not for any particular reason. bought a set by mistake and having difficulty lining up the RSB )
Old 01-09-2014

I want to remove some weight from the car, has anyone run the standard chassis with saddles and with the centre weight removed?
Old 01-09-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber View Post
I want to remove some weight from the car, has anyone run the standard chassis with saddles and with the centre weight removed?
i removed the centre weight first time a ran the car, and moved the saddles forward most position. found it far too heavy as per the kit setup, certainly for the included green rear springs.
Old 06-01-2015

Factory kit has been announced. Available from Thursday. Priced at 519euro, it's a pricey kit. Not so much options. I already have most of the options mounted.

Last edited by skyaflake; 06-01-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-01-2015

http://www.mibosport.com/yokomo-b-max4-iii-factory-kit

It's still missing the alloy front caster blocks !
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 06-01-2015

Yeah.. but that would make the kit go in to the 525 euro + (!) range. Way too expensive.
Old 06-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
I'm interested to see his shock and spring setup running without roll bars. i find the car collapses at rear without the rear rollbar and saddles.
what do you mean collapses at rear? Do you mean say when you do a ride height test and you push both towers down it struggles to return to an expected height or on a landing it just stays down?

I'm running on a dry dirt loose to Low /medium grip track and am using the weight plus saddles in forward position

Not sure if many others are driving in the same conditions. I moved the shocks to the rear, couldn't really tell a difference but also put on blue, white ae springs but found kit springs better. Run on quite a bumpy, rough track.