Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 04-10-2012
oOple Journalist

Arrow oOple - What does it mean to you

I recently had a really amazing email from a forum user who was firstly thanking me for the articles I write both here and over on my blog. He then went on to explain how important oOple is to him on a daily basis as he has a physical disability that limits the chances he has to make it to race meeting. He also explained that his 'local' club was a 2 hour journey from his home. The reason this email inspired me was simple. The gent in question stated that oOple gave him a unique opportunity to stay in touch with the sport he loves even though he struggles to get track side on a reguler basis. It got me thinking that it would be really good to hear what each one of you feels when I ask the question.....

What does oOple mean to you....the way I would like to discuss this really positive story is for all of you who read this thread to take a few seconds to post a comment that completes the following statement...oOple is...........

I thought this would be a really positive way for us all to share our thoughts on how this amazing platform brings us pleasure, and also a really wonderful thread to show new readers of oOple why we all value this forum so much...My thanks to all forum members,advertisers, and oOple staff for making this site what it is. And a very special thanks to the racer who inspired me to share this idea with you all

So, over to you guys....oOple is.....?

Check out my trader feedback here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65776

Last edited by styleone; 04-10-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-10-2012

oOple is....

Simply the very best resource for Racing RC in the UK that I have found. I am a born again racer in my mid 40's with a mad keen 11 year old son and the knowledge and experience here has given us a fantastic start (restart) in this great hobby.
Old 04-10-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Very well said!!!!

To me oOple has become a place I hang out at every day!!!
I've know the oOple team for some time now, been to many international meetings with both Jimmy and Vicky!!!
It is a place to keep up to date with who's who and where they racing, also a great way to keep up with hot new RC products, and also o lot of RC madness!!!

I have spoken to many people about our sport crossing many borders, such as age, race, gender, physical ability etc. Our sport stands out above the rest in my opinion.

The RC world would be less of a world without the oOple team!!!
Old 04-10-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well said above ^^^

I think we can thank oople for the resurgence in 10th off road, it's as popular as ever and this great resource has helped many a racer get back into the class and helped many a newbie to find a club/buy their gear etc.

Big pat on the back to Jimmy and Vicky and all the other people that make oople so good.

Best forum on the net!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 04-10-2012

Oople is

A quality source of RC information, beautiful to look at (as far as forums can be) friendly and free!!
Old 04-10-2012
Mad Member

Oople is...

A window on the world. In here you will find the knowledgable and the ignorant, the literate and the illiterate, the verbose and the brief, the bigots and the pub critics, the Monday-morning referees and the volunteers who get the races done. Oople allows you to observe all of life and if you can't treat them all equally, there are other forums you should be on!
Old 04-10-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

A great place to get information, have a bit of banter and help out people who need it.
Old 07-10-2012
oOple Journalist

Talking :)

Thanks to all who have shared their feelings so far, great to see such enthusiasm for the forum

Check out my trader feedback here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65776
Old 07-10-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

oOple is oOple no other site or forum could be like it is. End of.
Old 07-10-2012
Mad Member

deffo the best source for everything rc related, i wouldnt let a day go by without visiting oople at least twice for a gander at whats going on,

in fact this is my most visited site and after that its the bay,

thank god ( and jimmy ) for oople
Old 07-10-2012
Banned

oOple is fantastic!

For me its the BEST! site pretty much on the whole net, Its full of great tips & advice on buggys!, Its got plenty of awesome people from all walks of life.

For me oOple has put me in touch with loads of people, who I would never of met otherwise. I've made some great life long friends!

oOple I thank you
Old 08-10-2012
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

oOple is life simple thats the reason i have tattoos of it on my body
Old 09-10-2012
oOple Journalist

Thumbs up :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footey View Post
oOple is life simple thats the reason i have tattoos of it on my body
Now then ...that is a man with love for oOple

Thanks for all the really inspirational words guys. I am glad we all agree when we show our appreciation for this wonderful forum. Keep the good comments coming...I may even write an article based on this concept for new forum members to learn more about why we all love using oOple so much? Thoughts?

Old 09-10-2012
Mad Member

oOple is

a place I get answers about R/C cars from my youth (80's & 90's) and share laughs and experiences with like minded friends/rc nutters from around the globe!
Old 16-10-2012
Mad Member

Default More Oople love

I think Oople is a big part of the reason 10th offroad is loved and popular again. With local shops dissapearing there are few places to get valuable information and friendly chit chat about the hobby!
I love the way the forum is very open and not Moderated too strictly therefore keeping its credibility.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 16-10-2012

oOple is....

a great forum with a basis on the sport and fun rather than personal or any other gain. It is a forum I look to for the 'in the know' info on off-road and to ask those in the sport who enjoy off-road about our sport (in the whole), about tracks, setups etc. I've enjoyed RC racing for year, mainly TC, so have used other forums also. If you need to know something Off-Road this is the only forum I would come to.

Likewise the forum is friendly, and a place to gather and chat about different subjects. There is never any view of "I know best" which is a great thing in itself, and this is bread form the forum being very open and well based.

Given as well the forum is free it is simply up there in the top 3 of Global forums.

The race reports are class. They are both informative, accurate but also have some light hearted elements to make them alot of fun. they certainly are something to be looked up to for anyone intending to write articles.

It is great to hear that someone has found such a great use of the forum and im sure if asked many others would follow that feeling also. I know I will be a part of the userbase for some time to come!

Well done to the oOple team !
Old 16-10-2012

an excellent source of info for my son and myself, good to chat to like minded people, if your stuck with something, someone will dig you out and give you sound advise. In a nut shell it

FANTASTIC
Old 16-10-2012
oOple Journalist

Thumbs up :)

It is so wonderful to read these posts guys. Mainly as it must serve as a great inspiration for the rest of my colleagues who contribute to this amazing resource every day. What a brilliant introduction thread for newcomers...in fact folks...who votes this thread as a sticky?!

I am sure that Jimmy and Vicky already know what their efforts have done for the scene but my opinion is that oOple obviously makes so many racers lives easier and more informed that it will always be the place to be. Thanks to everyone who takes time to post in this thread, keep the positive vibes coming guys. We are all responsible for the positive promotion of both our sport and oOple. The hobby just would not be what it is without you guys and oOple....

Old 16-10-2012

By my reckoning there should be a post on here by every single user not to convey emotion or inner feeling but just to say cheer's,

CHEERS!
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 16-10-2012
Administrator

Is this the time to announce? Nah, soon.
Lots of coolness coming soon - oOple is more important than a 'real' life to me, let's just say that.