Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 22-10-2012

Default New TC02C

Hi guys, just built my new TC02C to see if its better than my cougar sv, whats all of your thoughts????????
Old 22-10-2012

I love mine. Drives perfectly
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 23-10-2012

I have driven an SV and now am driving a TC02C.
All I can say is that a SV "could" be quicker on one lap, the TC02C was the fastest (and easiest to drive) on 6 minutes!
It is a lot more forgiven and you can really attack and "race" against the others!
Just my thoughts!
Old 23-10-2012
oOple Advertiser

A final for you this week then

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 23-10-2012

Have to agree with the flying one lap of the cougar it is quick but not consistant enough, and hopefully john yes A final on wednesday, its your car that normally beats me when im in(if gareth dont finish) LOL. may need setup tips though????
Old 23-10-2012

Great car and spares are cheap also it's very strong seems very consistent too all for £130 I will be there Wednesday again with mine at Mansfield
Old 23-10-2012
oOple Advertiser

Yeah we'll go through some setups this week. First thing you need to do is drill out the shock pistons to 1.5mm. 40 weight in the front and 30 or 35 in the rear.

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 24-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by john333 View Post
Yeah we'll go through some setups this week. First thing you need to do is drill out the shock pistons to 1.5mm. 40 weight in the front and 30 or 35 in the rear.

If your racing outdoors do not drill the pistons. The ones on my x2c were drilled and it felt like zebedee was in the car. Went back to kit and it was 1,000 times better.
For kit 27.5-30 rear and 32.5-35 front with kit springs. From the stock set up the only set up changes I make are ride height and camber.

If your indoors however don't ask me, I only do proper off road lol
Old 24-10-2012
Mad Member

Wow thats soft dude, I always ran 40 front 35 rear on the standard kit springs. I only drill the rear piston though.

I always found that If i ran standard pistons in the back it used to skip badly over bumps, and I was running similar weights to yourself before I drilled the pistons.

Harder oil and bigger holes always feels nice to me.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 24-10-2012

Now you've said that I'm going to have to check. It sounded right to me this morning but then I am full of cold will report back if I've made an error.
Also depends what oil brand your using.

Mine were rear only drilled and I think I went upto 40wt oil in them and it still wouldn't provide the right dampening. As soon as it had kit though it felt a lot better. It also jumped properly and transformed the car where as before the back end used to collapse into the up slopes.

However the xPro set up you gave me is awesome and works perfect in the wet when all else fails
Old 24-10-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adon30 View Post
Now you've said that I'm going to have to check. It sounded right to me this morning but then I am full of cold will report back if I've made an error.
Also depends what oil brand your using.

Mine were rear only drilled and I think I went upto 40wt oil in them and it still wouldn't provide the right dampening. As soon as it had kit though it felt a lot better. It also jumped properly and transformed the car where as before the back end used to collapse into the up slopes.

However the xPro set up you gave me is awesome and works perfect in the wet when all else fails
Losi oils.

I just found that the pistons had too much pack before I drilled them. Car is much more composed with drilled pistons. Probably personal preference.

That X-pro set-up is pretty damn good on wet astro. Worked well at worksop to.

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 24-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiejuk View Post
I just found that the pistons had too much pack before I drilled them. Car is much more composed with drilled pistons. Probably personal preference.
LOL I found it had not enough pack. As did several other drivers who drove the car or watched it. But as you say, it's all personal preferance.

I've checked my oils and I was correct in what I said. I used AE oils which aren't to far off the Losi equivalents although it does say AE 27.5 is 30 Losi on the chart .....
When I used the drilled pistons I think I had Kyosho oil. 500 front and 400 rear, and then went up at the rear, but didn't feel right for me.

Anyway back to the point. I would try the car with kit and drilled pistons and find which ones you prefer. Once you drilled though you can't go back without havng some more pistons. Go with the weights the guys suggest for drilled and try the slightly heavier weights I suggested for kit. My set up appears to use quite light oils but the car does feel nice and alive and it's about what most mid motors use (Plus it's getting cold out at the moment!!)

Once your happy with your shocks not a lot else changes (unless you run the alloy option parts). You can keep the same set up and just concentrate on putting the car around the track and beating everyone

Quote:
That X-pro set-up is pretty damn good on wet astro. Worked well at worksop to.
Kiddie was slick the weekend and the car had so much traction I kept running into the back of people when I accelerated, as they couldn't. If only I'd drove around them instead I could have had some good rounds.
Old 24-10-2012

Would you mind sharing that Xpro set up with me?
Currently building an Evo and need to start somewhere.
Thanks.
Old 24-10-2012

No it's too good to share lol

I got mine of robbie. If he can't find it then I'll see if I can dig it out. Also follow his build tips as mine hasn't broken (yet). I have upgraded it with the team c idler, spur and front chassis recently. Oh and an alloy front holder but that was just bling. Mine also has a decent amount of weight under servo and lipo, although I'm going to halve the under lipo weight as a trial.
Old 24-10-2012

Thanks in advance!
Old 25-10-2012
Mad Member

I think it was this one

Definatly a wet weather set-up, I reckon it would be good on a clay or dirt track.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Joe Kennie Mad Rat set-up1.jpg (154.2 KB, 71 views)

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 25-10-2012

Old 25-10-2012

Quote:
I think it was this one

Definatly a wet weather set-up, I reckon it would be good on a clay or dirt track.

Did you have some picture to explain me where you using your dremel.
Did you dremel your motor plate?
Old 25-10-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben44 View Post
Did you have some picture to explain me where you using your dremel.
Did you dremel your motor plate?
This set-up is for the rear motor car and not the mid motor. All I did was cut out the back of the battery tray above where the front pivot block is. It allows you to move the pivot block up and down.

I have dremelled the motor plate on my Akula AKX2 SCT prototype to allow the pivot block on that to be moved up and down. But you cannot adjust anitsquat (increase it anyways) on the Tc02C because of the design of the rear end.

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 25-10-2012

Quote:
I think it was this one

Yep it's that one. Except I used the kit pistons and didn't drill them. However think they are the 3 hole ones anyway so that will be a bit more confusing . Can't remember now as haven't touched the setup for months.
Was there weight under servo on that setup?? Thats what I run anyway.

Quote:
I have dremelled the motor plate on my Akula AKX2 SCT prototype to allow the pivot block on that to be moved up and down. But you cannot adjust anitsquat (increase it anyways) on the Tc02C because of the design of the rear end.
I have not actually done the antisquat mod either on the X-Pro. However have done it on the Akula, after a top recommendation, and its improved it greatly so would be worth trying. All you need to do is allow for clearance when the pivot block is raised.