Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 29-02-2016

Default How much Boost and Turbo do you run?

I appreciate this is different for different people on different tracks with different cars etc, but in general, how much on average do you run?

I have a YZ-2, currently running a 7.5 motor with the boost and turbo quite high, I want to run less boost and turbo so I am considering going back to stock ESC settings and going to a 6.5T instead and working up from there.

What do you guys tend to run?
Old 29-02-2016
Mad Member

Depending on your size of track and surface, any boost or turbo on a 6.5 will be pretty lairy, maybe start from blinky and work up from there?
Its what i did, and i only ever use a tiny amount of boost, no turbo mind, i find it a bit crazy.

lee
Old 29-02-2016

Hi if you think 7.5 is quick why go down to 6.5. that's even quicker.try turning boost down to depend on type esc.but 15% or 2. then depending on controls turn epa down to 70% on throttle. This slow your car right down but still keep that punch out the corners there but less agrees ive.
Old 29-02-2016
Mad Member

this probably isn't going to help... I run a 13.5 in my yz2 on a tight indoor track. I run boost (kicks in after 0.5s at full throttle) which seems to give me plenty of oomph on the straights, but the 13.5 is lovely in the tight bits.
When I ran the same set up on a large outdoor astro track it was almost the same lap times as my 7.5.

The settings I use are the ones advised by speed passion in their set up data so not actually sure what I'm at.
My advice would be to use the higher turn motor with boost as it makes it more drivable - I'm sure I read somewhere that using end points and EXP on the Tx to try to calm a wild motor is less kind to the electrics (but not sure why or where)

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 29-02-2016

I have read many times on flying sites that using end points to reduce the throttle is not very good for a speed controller. I have wanted to use it before to limit the amps being drawn on one of my edf jets. A controller running on part throttle a lot can put a lot of strain on it. I guess in a car we don't use full throttle or part of it for long periods like you may do whilst flying.
Old 07-03-2016

In the end I went for a faster motor (6.5) and reduced all timing down to almost nothing, feels a lot better and things are a lot cooler