Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 25-05-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to rcmadd
Unhappy conned

duped, swindled, whatever you want to call it

STIGIMUN has conned me out of £30 notes as payment for a supposed charger

last heared from him last week when i asked if he had posted it he said he had, not heared from him since despite pm ing him and leaving a reply on the original sale thread.
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24071

this is the thread he started to sell his stuff, i wanted the charger.
dont have much chance of getting money back despite paying via paypal as he wanted payment as a gift, should have smelled a rat then

just thought i would warn you all

when you buy something dont pay via paypal as a gift, pay for 'goods' instead that way you are covered.
Old 25-05-2009

i know hes on msuk, ill pm him on there for you, hope it can get sorted...
Old 25-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwik View Post
i know hes on msuk, ill pm him on there for you, hope it can get sorted...
thanx that will be great
Old 25-05-2009

wait...hes banned on there ....¬_¬

sorry to here about it, i know the feeling as i thought i had been bonned £75 ... luckily, it was just poor contact and i recieved it, i hope you get it sorted mate
Old 25-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think its unlikely that you have been fiddled dude. Its Bank Holiday Monday today - if its not arrived by the end of this week then id be a bit more worried. He could be ill, pc problems, on holiday or even be lost in the post etc.
Give it a bit longer as i dont think you have given it long enough - if he was a conman then hes a bad one - is it really worth it for £30 ! ?

Its highly unlikely

See My Feedback

Old 25-05-2009
Administrator

He definitely hasn't been online here (logged in at least) since the 19th, which would suggest anything could be wrong - but a google says he posted on rcracechat yesterday.......

http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/showthread.php?p=378446

Possibly he's into tattooing?
http://www.flamineight.co.uk/tattoof...1233&PID=12076

I won't jump to any conclusions and obviously you feel you've been ripped off since he's obviously not getting back to you / dealing with his responsibilities as a seller. But I'd still advise caution - better to use your head and see if it can still be sorted out, as your post seems to suggest this is it, the end! I don't think it is and even though he's not been on here (avoiding you?) he's certainly still active and possibly someone will know him and get him to sort it out.

Keep emailing him - but good warning about paypal.
Old 25-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
He definitely hasn't been online here (logged in at least) since the 19th, which would suggest anything could be wrong - but a google says he posted on rcracechat yesterday.......

http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/showthread.php?p=378446

Possibly he's into tattooing?
http://www.flamineight.co.uk/tattoof...1233&PID=12076

I won't jump to any conclusions and obviously you feel you've been ripped off since he's obviously not getting back to you / dealing with his responsibilities as a seller. But I'd still advise caution - better to use your head and see if it can still be sorted out, as your post seems to suggest this is it, the end! I don't think it is and even though he's not been on here (avoiding you?) he's certainly still active and possibly someone will know him and get him to sort it out.

Keep emailing him - but good warning about paypal.
Yeah he posted on here saying he was in to tattoo's! From that thread Jimmy posted maybe he's given himself blood poisoning, he sounds like he's been doing a Tony off Men Behaving Badly!!

And yeah, good warning on the Paypal!
Old 25-05-2009

Send a message via MSN to mikef350

sory to here that fella.i have had some bad trades in the past.and thank you for shareing the fact about not being covered when you gift money because i often use that feature and didnt have a clue you wasnt covered when you gift.hope you get it mate.

mike
Old 25-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmadd View Post
when you buy something dont pay via paypal as a gift, pay for 'goods' instead that way you are covered.
Paypal only offer protection on eBay purchases.

Quote:
What is PayPal Buyer Protection and how do I ensure I’m covered?

Question : Answer : PayPal Buyer Protection offers full protection to buyers who pay for their eBay purchases through PayPal.

If you pay for an eBay item through PayPal and have a problem with the purchase, then you are covered for the full amount (including postage) in the event that:
  • You don’t receive the item
  • You receive an item but it is significantly different than the description on eBay
You can open a dispute on a payment by going to the ‘Resolution Centre’ in your PayPal account and clicking ‘Dispute a Transaction’. PayPal will facilitate communication between you and the seller. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. PayPal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

To ensure you are covered you must:
  • Purchase the item on eBay using PayPal
  • Use the 'Pay Now' button when the listing closes on eBay or associate the payment with the eBay listing by entering the item number into the PayPal payment instructions
  • Ensure the claim is for tangible, physical goods that can be posted and are not prohibited by eBay or PayPal
  • File a dispute in the ‘Resolution Centre’ within 45 days of the payment. If the dispute can't be resolved, ask PayPal to investigate by escalating the dispute to a claim within 20 days of the date the dispute was opened
  • Be willing to provide information during the investigation process. If we are unable to obtain the necessary information, the case may be cancelled without a refund
  • Only open one dispute per PayPal payment
pm me bitch, or is it past your bedtime?
Old 25-05-2009

had an idea i have lost it, i am going to inform paypal what he has done anyway

i have just been informed he has sold the charger i bought to someone on msuk forum i have pm'd the chap to see if he has recieved it.
Old 26-05-2009

just been confirmed to me that the chap on msuk forum has recieved it,

so why has he advertised it and took my money knowing he has already sold it to someone else
that to me is theft
Old 26-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

That's poor
Old 26-05-2009

Inform your local Police. They can request the paypal account holder details (which would include bank and address details) under a DPA (Data Protection Act) request, as it would be for the detection and provention of crime. Really easy crime to solve if you ask me, but alas the police, in my experiance are in general, rubbish.

You could try your local trading standards service, but from reading your post it feels more like a theft than a fraud offence. They might take it on if you can prove that his transactions are in the course of a business. They have the exact same powers (if not stronger) if the seller is infact trading.

Of course all the above relate to criminal offences, you would have to take action in the county court to reclaim your money
Old 26-05-2009
Administrator

Definitely get in contact with the police.
Old 26-05-2009

The post about only being protected from payments on eBay is not 100% true. I bought some stuff from a shop that sells airsoft (my 'other' hobby), and after waiting a week, I had heard nothing. I emailed them requesting my money back after poor service, and still, nothing. I filed a dispute through Paypal, and got my money back. It appeared the shop couldn't be bothered to read my emails or answer my calls, but a dispute made them act pretty sharpish.

So, it appears, you can file a dispute/claim anyway. Though not, I'm afraid if you have sent through PP as a gift, as PP assume you know who the other person is etc (as with most 'gifts').

I hope you can get your money back though rcmadd
Old 26-05-2009

the thing is i paid him as a gift as he requested i have already been in touch with paypal to tell them what he did just waiting for a reply now
Old 26-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

You could email and say you are getting in contact with the police unless you have the money back within 24 hours.
Old 26-05-2009
Administrator

That's what I'd do. Not sure if you know his physical address or not - but like someone else said, the police can get that from paypal.
Old 26-05-2009

Thumbs up sticky situation

i to am in bit of the same boat as you. i parted with 40 squid and i will have been waiting just under 2 weeks this week for an item.

............................... scream ..........................

Keeping fast motors reving hard.

signed...migsy

racing made better by Losi, Team Xtreme, HPI BAJA 5B. novak, castle creations, trak-power lipos bantam B6 and my SMR nicely done by huski sport uk. local club: Cwmaman RC Jammers.

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.
Old 26-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by migsy View Post
i to am in bit of the same boat as you. i parted with 40 squid and i will have been waiting just under 2 weeks this week for an item.

............................... scream ..........................
from the same guy??