Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 09-04-2010
Mad Member

Default 501x Pressure plate?

Guys

Anybody know here if the plates from the DB01 slipper assy, are the same generic plates used on the 501x?
I need one, and on the 501x part number, all i can find are no stock's.....but to me the DB01 parts look the same deal, i know the slipper assy/shaft isnt compatible.....i just need to know about the plates?

bests..........lee
Old 09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphee View Post
Guys

Anybody know here if the plates from the DB01 slipper assy, are the same generic plates used on the 501x?
I need one, and on the 501x part number, all i can find are no stock's.....but to me the DB01 parts look the same deal, i know the slipper assy/shaft isnt compatible.....i just need to know about the plates?

bests..........lee
Check ebay...but as I have both cars I will check for you. I am almost sure they are the same plates.
Old 09-04-2010
Mad Member

Tony that would be awesome, same spurs, so same diameter plates i reckon, itll just hang on the axle fitting, but i cant find a pic of that at the moment...thanks for the assist buddy, look forward to hearing.

lee
Old 10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphee View Post
Tony that would be awesome, same spurs, so same diameter plates i reckon, itll just hang on the axle fitting, but i cant find a pic of that at the moment...thanks for the assist buddy, look forward to hearing.

lee
Well I took a look at the slipper manual for the db01 and it shows diagrams for both the 501x and db01 when installing the slipper and the pressure plates look identical. I also took a look at the actual kits and they look exactly the same to me. If they do differ then I apologize in advance but to the naked eye my friend, exactly the same. If you need pressure plates just order the whole db01 slipper assembly and I think you'll be good to go or check on ebay for the 501x assy. Im sure theyve got plenty out in hong kong lol
Old 10-04-2010
Mad Member

Tony, thanks for looking buddy, ive ordered one up anyway. I reckon its the right deal buddy, cant find one under the part number on the 501x for some reason, all seem out of stock.

lee
Old 11-04-2010

strange...good luck man!