Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 01-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Michael Schumacher penalised

Michael Schumacher will be penalised 10 grid places at the next Grand Prix after a move Rubens Barrichello called the most dangerous in his long career.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8875352.stm
I hve not seen such a dangerous deliberate move like that for a long time. Probably Schumacher was the last person I saw do something that stupid too.
At 180mph That could have ended in death and I think he got off too lightly. He deserves a ban from the next race at least.
Having looked at the video again there is a lot of rubber on that wall.
Old 01-08-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

should have banned the big headed dick!
Old 01-08-2010
Mad Member

Dam right he should be band & nice fine for him to pay out his own pocket instead.

I cant stand the cock anyways just like the old days dirty driving again

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion
Old 01-08-2010
Mad Member

Come on guys, no need for personal insults and being downright rude to make your points...

I'm not sure if the stewards can issue race bans, anyone know what they're limits are on this offence? It deserved one IMHO. Did anyone else notice that when Rubens passes the wall within a whisker of taking his left front wheel off, his right front is actually between Schui's front and rear wheels? If they'd been wheel-to-wheel, Rubens would have hit the wall!!

Along with all his other records, Schui holds the least enviable of them all - he's the only person in the history of GP racing to have been penalised twice for dangerous driving. In 1997, he was disqualified from the Championship, with no points, for driving into the side of Villenueve, and now this. The numbers are unarguable, but he will struggle to be called 'great' unless you have blinkers on!

I did enjoy Norbert Haug's interview. Listen carefully and he doesn't support Schui at all, he merely repeats what Schui said in his interview. It's to be hoped that Norbert will storngly point out to Schui that this sort of behaviour is not only very dangerous, but puts his team in a poor light, and the Mercedes name. All I can do from here is vow never to buy a Merc (or a Ferrari, but that's a bit like saying I'll not buy an island in the Caribbean - I can't afford one!!) and discourage anyone I know from buying one.

Banned for at least one race is the least we could expect, and the least the rest of the field, who have to be on the same track as him, expect. Bad show from a bad driver.
Old 01-08-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

He used to be fast and dirty, now he is just dirty..... pull his super licence!
Old 01-08-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
LOL - nice one DCM.
Old 01-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Damn right! As mentioned earlier, that move could have ended in a death!
He should have his licence taken off him and give it to someone that desrves a drive in that car, rather than giving it to an 'also-ran' ex-champ, who is WELL past his sell by date!
He can't make his name from racing up front, so he's doing stupid things just to get some of the limelight!

he was slapped on the wrist for dangerous driving at Canada earlier in the year, so thats twice in one year!

Get him out of the car!

Can't believe he's gonna be taking a job from another talented star next year too!
Retire while you look a bit stupid old man! not in a year when the car, that'll no doubt be designed 'around you', is still not enough for you to win....and you once more get you're arse kicked by your younger team mate, and makes you look REALLY stupid!
Old 01-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
Come on guys, no need for personal insults and being downright rude to make your points...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
Bad show from a bad driver.

HAHAHAHA Kettle & pan n all that

MB Models....Team Durango....Telsshells....韦恩是一个无线电遥控赛车上帝,克雷格是同性恋
Old 01-08-2010

Send a message via MSN to Skodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlin View Post
Dam right he should be band & nice fine for him to pay out his own pocket instead.
Fines for sports stars are useless though. The guy's got a personal fortune of over £850,000,000 and the fine would probably only be about £10,000.

Stu

Mirror mirror, on, the wall. Who is the top Dogg of them all?
There was a rubble dubble, five minutes it lasted. The mirror said; "You are you conceited .......".
Old 01-08-2010

I think he will one to beat next year with the new car

schumacher fan
Old 01-08-2010

Unhappy

What you need to ask yourselfs who is the most successful F1 driver of all time???? I know what he done today was dangerous but im sure he knows that he made a mistake and shouldn of pulled over as far as he did or maybe he should of tried defending sooner but at the end of the day no one here knows what it is like to drive a F1 car and at the speeds they do so I dont really think its right that you can slag off one of the best GP drivers of all time.
Im not a fan of his BTW, hamilton is the man I want to win the championship,I cant believe he went out today due to gearbox issues and webber knocking him down to second in the championship , still think he's got a very good chance of winning
Old 01-08-2010

I'm bloody glad he did what he did.

It stopped me falling asleep towards the end of the race

Seriously though - it did look mighty dodgy didn't it?
Old 01-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew View Post
but at the end of the day no one here knows what it is like to drive a F1 car and at the speeds they do so I dont really think its right that you can slag off one of the best GP drivers of all time.
we don't, but the other drivers do and they all condemned the move which just supports our theory that the move was outrageous

MB Models....Team Durango....Telsshells....韦恩是一个无线电遥控赛车上帝,克雷格是同性恋
Old 01-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
What you need to ask yourselfs who is the most successful F1 driver of all time????
They're only statistics!
If he hadn't been in the best car all the time he wouldn't have been the best on paper. Look at times when he didn't have the best car....he did nothing!
Senna on the other hand could make any car he had, win!

So I'm sorry, just because a set on numbers say he is, i think Schuey (even in his glory years) is far from the best driver of all time.

They need to show this to MR Schumacher......

...a similar incident, it happened in the superleague at brands today...and these cars don't do the speeds that he and Barrichello were at when he made his rediculous manouvre!

And no, we don't know what its like to drive an F1 car, but we've (probably) all had an accident at low road speeds, so can only imagine what an accident at that speed would've been like. And wether he's one of the best GP drivers of all time or not, we can slag anyone off that makes such a STUPID move at those speeds!! We only need to look at the above video to see how bad it 'could've' turned out!!
Old 01-08-2010

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacattack View Post
we don't, but the other drivers do and they all condemned the move which just supports our theory that the move was outrageous
I think we have all seen alot worse tbh, its all because its schumacher and the fact that he has had history with rubens, I really do think people are making a big deal out of this if it wasnt schumy involved I doubt people would be making such a big fuss over a bit of hard racing. JUST MY OPINION
Old 01-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
They're only statistics!
If he hadn't been in the best car all the time he wouldn't have been the best on paper. Look at times when he didn't have the best car....he did nothing!
Senna on the other hand could make any car he had, win!

So I'm sorry, just because a set on numbers say he is, i think Schuey (even in his glory years) is far from the best driver of all time.

They need to show this to MR Schumacher......

...a similar incident, it happened in the superleague at brands today...and these cars don't do the speeds that he and Barrichello were at when he made his rediculous manouvre!

And no, we don't know what its like to drive an F1 car, but we've (probably) all had an accident at low road speeds, so can only imagine what an accident at that speed would've been like. And wether he's one of the best GP drivers of all time or not, we can slag anyone off that makes such a STUPID move at those speeds!! We only need to look at the above video to see how bad it 'could've' turned out!!
Fair enough not goin to get into who was or is the best driver of all time... What I said above is just my opinions
Old 01-08-2010

I don't really think that us not knowing what it's like to drive an F1 car has anything to do with it, its common sense not to force somebody towards a concrete wall at 200MPH!! You wouldn't do that in your road car at 30MPH because it's just stupid!!!

It's more to do with him spitting his dummy out (again) because he was going to be over taken, simples!

He is far from the best driver of all time, if he was that good he would still be getting results today using ANY car, it's not like he has come back after a 10 year gap and everything has changed, they are basically the same cars as he was driving before! in fact, he should have an advantage over his younger team mate as he drove the cars in the past with no traction control, slick tyres etc....

He had the best team and the best support, nothing else!

Old 01-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
its all because its schumacher and the fact that he has had history with rubens,
I don't think its anything to do with that!?
It would've had the same reaction had it been anyone else. but seeing as he has been in trouble for it this year already should've made him think about the way he drives but it hasn't.

He get this stigma because he thinks he is above the powers that be, just because of his name! His arrogance leads him to think that he can get away with this sort of driving.
The reason why it looks as though it is him getting all the bad press all the time, is because HE does these things!!
We've not seen anyone else being pushed that close to the wall at those speeds for a LONG time!
Old 01-08-2010

Quote:
I think we have all seen alot worse tbh, its all because its schumacher and the fact that he has had history with rubens, I really do think people are making a big deal out of this if it wasnt schumy involved I doubt people would be making such a big fuss over a bit of hard racing. JUST MY OPINION
Yeah mainly from Schumacher lol

I think it's because it's Schumacher that he has got away with it so lightly to be honest, if that was Hamilton, Button, or Webber for example, there would have been complete uproar

Old 02-08-2010

I think it was very rude and I had my heart in my mouth just watching it, but then, do we actually expect anything else from Schumacher? It just goes to prove he'd pull that manouvre for the world championship or for 10th place in a gp, that is the man. At least he's consistent.

I do think the outcry is a bit of a overeaction though. Vettel (the young Schu- don't forget) has done the same thing at least 3 times on his own team mate this year alone, twice off the start and once in Turkey leading to a high speed crash. There was a lot less outcry for that, and no penalties at all.

I'd say the 10 place drop is fair and let that be an end to it.

- Royal Racing Paint - <clicky>